Christmas gifts

Definitely a keeper!

Best,
-JP

Totally agree!

Our daughter while book shopping met an employee at the store who is a young aspiring recording engineer. They recommended these two books. You never know who you are going to meet at Powell’s Books*.

• Powell’s City of Books is the largest used and new bookstore in the world, occupying an entire city block and housing approximately one million books.

https://www.powells.com/info/about-us

5 Likes

@vkennedy61 I’ve occasionally spent an entire rainy day at Powells. Heaven on Earth!

1 Like

It is a fantastic place to idle away the day. Depending on what I am looking for and reading, it’s the quietest crowded place I know :wink:

2 Likes

With my son moving to Vancouver, or perhaps Portland, next week, I hope I can resume my love affair with Powells.

1 Like

Let me know when you are in town. I would enjoy meeting you there for a cuppa.

2 Likes

Sure!

1 Like

I also got those SD UHQR LPs. Wow the sound quality is astonishing.

2 Likes

Haven’t played them yet. Nervous to do so, but I’m sure I’ll get over that.

1 Like

Planning to order “Pretzel Logic” and “Royal Scam” when released. I’ve never heard any Steely Dan recordings sound this great. Very highly recommended. I know the price is mental but for diehard SD fans these are must own IMHO.

1 Like

Wow! Wonderful, thoughtful gifts.

1 Like

Yes, I hope to get them all

Yes, but I owe big time now

A little of this and that from the wish list. My wife doesn’t get the audio stuff but doesn’t begrudge it too much either. She probably figures it’s safer than motorcycles, my other hobby she also doesn’t get but also doesn’t fight too much.

Figaro is my first venture into opera. This particular recording comes recommended by someone who (hopefully) knows such things. But I need to digest “Better Sound” first.

We installed a 65’ outdoor screen from Samsung last summer. I was poking around sites to find a suitable outdoor sound bar but nothing was jumping out at me. It’s hard to get motivated about summer when we have a foot of snow. My wife copied the history of my search and decided to get this for me for XMAS. It’s a Samsung outdoor sound bar HW-LST70T. Should work great.

1 Like

Congrats. My copy is now dog-eared, as a result of frequent perusals every time I make major changes to the system set up.

GBS is a great, “plain spoken” reference.

Let us know what you think.

I was re-listening to the series “Noise, a Human History” recently - good on headphones of course.
This is the kinda thing the BBC do (or, these days, commission) best :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My dad gave me COVID-19 for Xmas. Dude regifted it to me, and doesn’t even know who gave it to him.

4 Likes

I hope you get well soon.

1 Like