Curmudgeons welcome

Damn it- I forgot my thought- stop stealing my gd apples!

2 Likes

Thread? Thought this were an audio site, not a sewing circle😆

1 Like

If I had a dollar for every stupid mistake I have made with audio setup, wishful audio purchases, or decisions made without all of my faculties in order…

Worst feature is picking out letters on a remote aka Apple TV

2 Likes

Amen brother

Then deciding to use voice input on words through the remotes microphone and Siri deciding your dialect is as fat as your fingers.

3 Likes

Youse the Apple TV remote app on an iOS device instead of the remote supplied with the Apple TV, it pops up a proper key board when typing (searching on strings) is required.

Took me years to find out till the batteries in the Apple TV remote quit on me.

The keyboard preference can be selected in settings. The alphabet spelling by voice is an alternative if iPhone instead of iPad remote app is needed. I do have a Bluetooth keyboard too.

When will we get implanted brain thought readers compatible with Roon or Octave server with charging pillows and DSP processing to trick our brains thst Bluetooth speakers are hifi?

I hate it when everyone generalizes all the time.

3 Likes

I hate it when people misuse the word “literally”. The worst part is Webster added a “virtual” entry to the word’s definition because people kept using the word incorrectly.

1 Like

Agreed.

And mispronounce mischievous.

literally generalizing virtually all millennials…

4 Likes

Okay, I’ll bite with audiophile writing and misuse of words.

Breathe vs breath: “The DSD allowed my music to BREATHE so I could hear Norah’s every breath”

Grill vs grille: “I didn’t like the way my speaker GRILLE changed the sound so I burnt it on my charcoal grill”

Lose vs loose: “I chose to LOSE the Topping DAC because it played far too loose with the sound.”

And don’t even get me started on “to, two, and too“.

3 Likes

Agreed. Have to add your and you’re.

And is “bass” actually spelled “base” somewhere?

1 Like

advice v. advise
break v. brake
their v. there

My flying phalanges often mistype now as know. I have no idea why.

1 Like

Two spaces after every period ending a sentence is proper. Period!

4 Likes

Whether one double spaces of not is a tell-tale of age.

Type writers do not employ proportional fonts, thus everything is equally spaced.

Computers use proportional fonts and thus double spacing is no longer required.

OK. When someone calls an engine a motor I just plain want to strangle them. :exploding_head:

1 Like