DAC Volume

I just received my new PSA Direct stream Bridged DAC and the volume is about 1/4 to 1/3 to my present Accuphase DC-37.

I run coax in from my PC directly to a pair of mono valve amps, and at full volume the PSA DAC its just too low to live with.

Is there something I’m missing here.

You should just double check that the 20dB attenuator isn’t active by pressing the “FILTER” button on your remote. Be sure to turn the DS’s volume down a ways before you do that to avoid blasting yourself if the attenuator was engaged. Alternatively you can press the little gear in the upper left of the touch screen and see if the “Level:” is “High”. If not, press the green button next to the “Low”. You can get back out of that screen by pressing the left arrow in the bottom left of the screen.

You can also check that nothing else in your system is messing with the volume by running the BitPerfect test as described in the How To section (http://www.psaudio.com/ps_how/how-to-run-a-bit-perfect-test-with-directstream/)

Thank you kindly Ted.

It’s late at night here so I can not try it out, but at low volume now it appears it to show more headroom on my screen.

I will certainly follow up on the link in the How To section you provided.

Lots of reading and research coming my way to see what I can get out of the network bridge.

I just installed my Bridge II and am controlling it with an LG Nexus phone using the BubbleUPnP app. I realize this isn’t a direct answer to the OP, however, I noticed that the volume on my Nexus was changing the volume on the DirectStream. I turned up the volume to 100 percent on the phone and am now just using the remote on my preamp and all is good. I thought this may be helpful if anyone else runs into this issue using a tablet or phone with android to control the music.

In reply,

I think it must have the ‘filter’ on the remote.

Today I ran up and could not take it to full volume. too much output.

I know I should have read more first but just too excited to get it up and running.