Decware. The Best Amp Ever? Andrew Robinson Seems To Think So

OK. Speakers make a world of difference as does the ZROCK2 that I use in each system and love. I’m a Decware fan for life. . . the smaller the amp, the more I like the amp now. No big tubes for me, I had EL34 amps and so much prefer these 6P15.

Wow. I have listened to a SE84UFO2 at my friends house and at my house…sounded great except the bass is just not what it needs to be…and not near what I get with my ultralinear KT88 tube amp that never leaves Class A…

1 Like

Take it Outside, lads…:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Yup. If you listened in your system, then you know what you like!
What amp do you have?

http://www.dsachsconsulting.com/custom%20kt88%20tube%20amp.html

Nothing to go outside for here.

I’ve had a Decware Zen Torii Mk. II for years and for the first few years I never found the right speakers to partner with it. However, when I bought a pair of KEF R500’s for my second system, those have proven to be a magical match. The 32 watt Decware Zen Torii drives those speakers as just well as the AS1200 IcePower Mivera amp I have. The Zen Torii has two uncommon and useful tweaks, a volume control that allows you to adjust to make the best use of the preamp’s volume control and a treble adjustment that lets you fine tune the amp’s sound. Owning this amp has definitely driven home the point that you have to have a good speaker match with your amp before you can make any conclusions about how an amp “sounds.”

2 Likes

Take your Tube and Amp Punchouts outside into the alley of this Pub. It is a silly disagreement between two people’s taste.

The thread is about Decware amps. If you think they suck, go elsewhere.

I will freely admit to having had no idea what the flea-watt adherent members of the Chicago Audio Society were going on about back when I lived there. I’ve been exposed to more things in the interim, and so am less inclined to get into fights about topologies.

1 Like

For clarification, my opinion is always correct.

I hope that settles things.

wow. looks fantastic!

I don’t think they were talking about topologies, rather generalizations, which seems epidemic around here lately.

^^^

Which, of course, is not a generalization.

3 Likes

Yes, I know this is a Decware thread, but also wanted to add that my recent kit build of the Bottlehead Stereomour II SET integrated also doesn’t suffer from any “euphonic” qualities. High end, low end and of course that magical midrange are all there. Beautifully balanced sound and a real “keeper” with the right speakers.

1 Like

If someone here has a Decware amp they are throwing out I still can catch a slow pitch :wink:

2 Likes

What are the secret “Right” speakers, inquiring minds want to know.

“Hear” Ya Go:

He is also offering Zu Audio Druids Mk III speakers. Go for the package deal.

1 Like

In my case these Madisound BK-16 kit speakers work great in a smaller room:

1 Like

Good to Know, how are the high frequencies with that whizzer cone? I’d think a coax maybe the way to go.

The high frequencies are great. I was a bit surprised too as this is my first experience with SET low power amps and single driver high efficiency speakers. Very pleased with the combination. Also very surprised with the decent low frequency response and watching the tiny excursions in the drivers getting acoustically amplified by the folded horn enclosure.

1 Like

Thanks as I have a road trip scheduled to Decware, Your experience and insights are helpful.