DirectStream Memory Player Beta Program

We’re ready to start taking applications for beta testers for the DMP, our groundbreaking Memory Player Transport that elevates CD reproduction to unheard of heights, and for the first time, unlocks the SACD layer when played through our DACs.

Here are the ground rules, and then instructions if you want to participate.

Beta DMP units will ship out this month (October), and there will be a month or so of evaluation and comments, reviews by beta testers before we open pre-orders on November 1.

• Beta units are 100% production ready units.
  • Beta units come with our standard 30-day buyback guarantee. If you don't like it, return it for a full refund
  • Special pricing is available on beta units, and trades will be accepted too (details in our reply email)
  • We have a limited amount of betas and they will go quickly
Here are the rules:
  • Beta testing is open only to US residents. cry I know, one day maybe...but for now we just can't get logistics to work
  • You will be asked to purchase the beta unit before we ship. If you have a trade, like the PWT, we will buy it back from you now, and allow you to keep the unit during the beta period (for comparisons) if you wish. We offer our full refund policy if you're not happy
  • You are required to write a review on this forum of your experience with DMP
  • We will give preferential treatment to DirectStream and DirectStream Junior owners, though some owners of other DACs are wanted as well
If you're interested:
  • Email me directly paul@psaudio.com and let me know you've read and understood the rules
  • Let me know what your DAC is
This is going to happen quickly:
  • Do not delay. In the past, we've had many more applicants than beta units. Once we've received enough applications we will start the selection process and email recipients of our decision. Expect us to make decisions near the end of this week.
  • You'll be directed to a private purchase page, where it's first come, first serve. Once we've sold out, it's over
DirectStream Memory Player is one of the most significant products we've yet built and offered for purchase. It's definitely heads and shoulders better than anything we've ever made, and likely the last transport we'll make.

Good luck!

Great news Paul. I have sent an email! :slight_smile:

Just sent one, as well! Fingers are crossed!

It’s Like Christmas in October :slight_smile:

Fully understand the logistics issues with beta-testing in other territories, but still a shame. Looking forward to being able to buy both the Transport and the DAC, even without reviews…

Bueno, senior! Hope to be spinning ALL my creaky old discs soon (including the ones in my spine)!

Ok. Email sent.

Really looking forward to the beta test reports. An amazing, truly universal capability list.

Hope this player will be soon, after beta testing, available in Europe, looking forward to this player in combination with DSD. Now I have a PWT with DSD, so next step will be…Yes…

Placed my order! I’m excited.

Order is in. I’m very impressed that we can take advantage of trading in our PWT for the Beta Test.

Alan

Alan W said Order is in. I'm very impressed that we can take advantage of trading in our PWT for the Beta Test.

Alan

+1

Alan W said Order is in. I'm very impressed that we can take advantage of trading in our PWT for the Beta Test.

Alan

Yes, me too, made this possible for me.

+1. I’m in. I probably wouldn’t have done it without the trade in option. Thanks Paul. That was mighty generous.

Now, does anyone have a spare PS Audio I2S cable lying around that I can borrow during the beta test period?

Three of you have gotten your order in? Interesting … I sent Paul an e-mail yesterday, he responded this morning that it would be forwarded to Kevin, but nothing more. I don’t have a PWT, but Paul did say other equipment would be taken in trade. I’m anxious/nervous that it will work out for me.

E-mail sent for beta testing of new memory player.

Bob

I tried to order the memory player with trade in of my Ayre SACD player this morning, but your website would not let me order, it said “out of stock.” Does that mean that the beta players are all taken? If so I’m really sorry to have missed the and I believe that I would have been a great attribute as a beta tester.

Will you have more units in for beta Testing?

I never thought I’d contemplate going back to a disc spinner, but I am contemplating now.

nordicbob said I tried to order the memory player with trade in of my Ayre SACD player this morning, but your website would not let me order, it said "out of stock." Does that mean that the beta players are all taken? If so I'm really sorry to have missed the and I believe that I would have been a great attribute as a beta tester.

Will you have more units in for beta Testing?

Yes, unfortunately, the beta units flew out of here and are now all spoken for. We only had a few. Sorry for any of you that missed out. We’ll try and have something special for preorders starting on November 1.

pmotz said Three of you have gotten your order in? Interesting ... I sent Paul an e-mail yesterday, he responded this morning that it would be forwarded to Kevin, but nothing more. I don't have a PWT, but Paul did say other equipment would be taken in trade. I'm anxious/nervous that it will work out for me.
I apologize. I forwarded each and every email request to Kevin who then began processing and emailing folks back until we had enough - it was first come first served as we only had a few units to beta test. We got so many requests we had to cut them off when we got too many. I am so sorry.