Discourse dark mode

Thanks!

Thanks for suggesting this. @Elk: Thanks for accommodating the masses. I kind of like “Dark Mode”. Going to run with it for a while… It kind of gives me the sense that this display variant is closer to, if not actually, the designer’s intent.

1 Like

Both look great, thank you much!

1 Like

Found the Themes. Tried Vincent (Yuck!) and Dark (MegaYuck!!), and reverted to PS Audio. Choice is always nice, of course.

I dislike dark themes on every application on which I have tried them. I also dislike forums where dark is the default and one cannot change it. Ugh.

But as others asked for the option I hunted down the themes and installed them. I hope they work well for those who wanted them.

Choice is indeed good. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m very happy you could accommodate the retinally sensitive. Things are generally too white lately. Except for Christmas in Boulder, which was not white until this AM (kids just went home yesterday, natch). Had mostly been from mid October until mid-December…:man_shrugging:t2:

@Elk Thank you kindly for adding the Dark modes.

Perhaps it’s been the 20 years on snow followed by 30+ years building computer networks and security systems + genetics = I’ve seen enough white for a thousand lifetimes.

Grateful,

Brett

P.S. I think of the visual spectrum much as I do the audible spectrum. We have each our own sensitivities and damage/deficits.

2 Likes

An excellent point. I am very sensitive to visual noise so I understand what you are seeing.

Thanks for adding dark mode. I didn’t like Vincent too much, but dark is definitely better than the default of PS Audio, at least to my eyes.

1 Like

Hooray!! Hooray!!

1 Like

Me too !

@Elk - so I’ve realized that with either alternative to the PS Audio theme (on my iPad at any rate), the PS Site menu bar goes away. That is - the little strip starting with “Call us” on the left, and having the Site Menus to the right. Not sure what that’s about. I’ve tried poking where it might/should be to no avail - not that that would be a viable solution.

PS Theme:

![image|690x117]

Dark Theme:

Yes, this was pointed out to me immediately after I installed the dark themes.

It appears resolving this would take some site specific programming.

Well, I won’t be holding my breath for that then…

Its OK, the fact that those of us adopting the Dark Side are now required to open another window to access other parts of the PS website will likely generate more Page Views on Google Analytics. Happy to be of service ; ). As fake as that will be.

1 Like

Thank you, Elk!

1 Like

Thank you Elk, both are a refreshing change. At times the white background was rather harsh.

1 Like

So - curious. Any other Darkside Adopters finding other squirrely behavior from the Forum software not seen before, since adopting the new skin (aside from not having the PS menu bar)?

Yes, I have lost the value of a medium sized home on the sunglasses I no longer need to view this site. Thank goodness I am so very, very wealthy. (and I don’t mean to call attention to that fact, I am so shy)

2 Likes

Ahhh - hahaha. No. Talking about, for example, parts of the page not appearing where it should, tapping on an item that shows up in your personal (top/right corner icon) menu, and having the associated response/post/page appear a random distance above or below the page that displays. Hitting “Reply” button not seeing the reply box to write in until you scroll up a page or so…

This is all iPad.

What brand power cable are you using to charge your iPad?

1 Like