Display flashes on GainCell DAC when playing DSD

Hi - just purchased the download version of Say Somethin’ from Octave Records and I noticed that when I play the DSD version the display on the GainCell DAC flashes on and off (just the sample rate and format are flashing - the selected filter does not flash). It’s not doing this with PCM content. Everything sounds great.

For what it’s worth, I am streaming the download from a sonicTransporter i5 (basically a headless computer built for audio) to a Sonore ultraRendu connected via USB (AudioQuest carbon).

Any ideas on why this is happening?

Thank you,
Jim

I don’t know why it would make a difference but try and make the system as simple as possible. Try just going direct computer->USB->GDAC and see if you get the same result.

Thank you for the fast reply. I hooked up an old MacBook Air via USB directly to the GDAC and used Audirvana to play the same DSD track(s). Still had the same thing happen (I did take a short video).

Does this point to some kind of issue? I can’t hear any difference, but if there is some type of issue, let me know what the next steps are or if you need more info.

Thanks again,
Jim

Great, thanks for giving that a test. Would you mind sending a video to our service department. They will be able to check it out and get with the team to see if it indicates anything wrong. service@psaudio.com

Will do - thanks again.

Jim