DMP display problem

It is not a display problem per se - meaning it’s not hardware. It’s a code problem that we know of but haven’t yet fixed entirely. And, it is rare. If we see it on a screen the code is tweaked on that unit to fix the problem - and so obviously this unit didn’t display the problem at the factory. We’re still not entirely sure what factors exacerbate the problem - and that’s part of the reason we haven’t yet done the universal code fix.

So then,any and all DMP’s leaving the factory have this potential for malfunctioning… even though they were inspected before shipment? Also,what is the time plan for a permanent fix via a firmware update? I mean…the product has been on the market for a year already…Thanks!

Hello

I too experienced the white screen, but unlike the blue screen of death in the pc world the system still worked with the remote, so at least I knew that.

I cycled the power a few times and still no luck. Of course I screamed the big 4 letter “ F” word at the top of my lungs, but I calmed down knowing the product is under warranty and regardless PS appears they would make things right in any event.

So what happened?

I installed a Furutech NSF 50 filter when I received the unit new from the factory and believed it was preventing a better sound since I am running Nordost power cables. Anyway, I took the Furutech out of the system, plugged the power cable back in and let it sit overnight, powered on the following morning and the display is back, with no issues of screen color or the like.

I think removing the filter and having a direct power connection may have triggered something internally and the power supply just had to drain, dunno, I am a fish guy, not an audio engineer.

I did change the setting back to Stereo SACD and all signs are kicking positive, plus turning the unit off from the front via remote.

I sent an email to PS for record, unit was obtained around July 2017.

Hope this helps someone, but note, I am not sure of my anology. This was the steps I did and hopefully it holds, so far so good!

Paul McGowan said

We’re still not entirely sure what factors exacerbate the problem - and that’s part of the reason we haven’t yet done the universal code fix.

Paul...any closer to a universal code fix for the ‘coursing wave of brightness’ yet?

Okay this is weird. I made a post in a new thread, about an hour ago that my DMP screen went white. That thread has disappeared, and at first I thought maybe it was merged with this older thread about the same issue, but I don’t see my post here either. At any rate it appears my DMP has turned into an unresponsive brick.