DS Internet firmware update? App?

wingsounds13 said A 100Mbit multi user network cannot carry anywhere near 100Mbits of actual data traffic.
If it's designed properly it should be able to, I've got 45 LAN clients on my 10/100 local network at home, and I'm streaming multiple Kaleidescape blu-ray players, ten HD network IP security cameras, and a bucket load of other stuff, without any issues at all. But I take your point, Gigabit home networking is all about marketing, and home networking is all about "plug-n-play" (which mine certainly isn't). Not-withstanding the marketing angle, DS should never need Gigabit or wireless N.
wingsounds13 said I am surprised and disappointed that the DirectStream DAC does not accept any SDHC compliant card. No, I do not mean nor expect DSXC (>32GB), just the common SDHC standard - 4GB to 32GB. These have been the norm for several years now, with 2GB or less SD cards becoming hard to find, and more expensive than 4GB and even 8GB SDHC cards.

Just saying that digital based equipment, including audio equipment, should keep up with the common market computing standards. This includes things like Gigabit Ethernet and at least 802.11n WiFi.

J.P.

The direct stream does work with SDHC standard - 4GB to 16GB cards. PWD and PWT older than 2012 do not.

Dennis

That was good news, however you probably need to reformat them to FAT16?

Yes they need to be FAT-16.

Dennis