DS Jr Bridge II update problem

I just got a DS Jr. I found that the FW was Yale, so I’ve updated to Torreys, it was successful.

Next step, I tried updating the embedded Bridge II.
I got to the screen “Bridge Update to 2.7.11 LongPress to Update”, I pressed the button for a couple of seconds and the update was started.
Screen shows “Bridge Updating”. And then it’s stuck here.

How long should it take? I’m waiting for a few hours now but status doesn’t change.
I have no control to the DS Jr in this state.

DS Jr is connected to my home network. I can see Bridge II from PC.

Does anyone experience similar issue?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

DSJ_bridge_updating.jpg

Update:

I waited over 6 hours but nothing happened so I decided to stop it by power cycle.

I went to the control menu after rebooted the DS Jr, and it says “Bridge Update Not Available”.

Does it mean update was successful?

Bridge-Update-Not-Available.JPG

Hi Stac, I went through the exact same steps you did. After the DSJ was powered on again, the Bridge II version did show 2.7.11.

It can take a while for the bridge version to appear…give it 30 mins then check again

or get Dennis to email you a link to the forced update if you run a windows system

zheng4 said Hi Stac, I went through the exact same steps you did. After the DSJ was powered on again, the Bridge II version did show 2.7.11.
How do I find the Bridge II version? Is it in FW version screen? I see 2.7.11 under Torreys on that screen. Is that it?

I think it was 0.0.0 after I’ve updated system FW to Torreys.

wizardofoz said It can take a while for the bridge version to appear...give it 30 mins then check again

or get Dennis to email you a link to the forced update if you run a windows system

I waited over 6 hours but it didn’t end by itself. I had to cycle the power to stop it. I don’t know if that’s the proper operation.

But now I see Bridge update not available, and see rev 2.7.11 in FW revision display, if that’s the Bridge II version then probably update was successful.

As I noted it takes a while to display the version and yes it’s under the firmware name Torrey’s as you have noted it’s 2.7.11

Sorry for reviving this one gents.

I never managed to install the Bridge II update on my Junior. Torreys was updated no problem, but I get the same message (“bridge update not available”) and can’t make any progress past that, unfortunately.

Dennis K was kind enough to send me the force update but that is Windows only, and the computer that’s connected to the network and the Junior is a Mac :frowning:

Also if you guys can recall, the “3. (input) issue” never got better. When I switch to the Toslink input it keeps showing the 3. and the asterisk -confirming that the Junior does receive the signal- however it doesn’t say Tos or Opt or anything. The name of the input has disappeared.

I am a big, big fan of PSA and its updates, but wish I had been able to use my products to the maximum of their ability.

We can all understand your frustration.

Can you talk a friend into letting you use a Windows laptop to run the force update?

Don’t know what to tell you Elk -getting more baffled by the day. Now it seems to have returned to 2.5 (from 2.7) for some reason.

Yeah I’ll try and borrow my wife’s Vaio or have a friend come by the house with his Window machine, and give it another try.

Cheers

Yike! Exceedingly odd.

I hope you get it sorted out.

Well color me computer illiterate but, no joy and I have given up.

What I did is, I took the DS Junior upstairs and connected to my Windows PC. Took the files that Dennis K had sent me via e-mail, opened MConnect and … it still does not recognize the Junior. All MConnectSetup101 sees is the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller (native to the Windows PC), and nothing else.

I have not succeded in getting Bridge II to work or forcing the update. No real biggie as currently I’m using a LanRover but this is not what I envisaged and just hate it when things don’t work. Oh well.

I would contact PS tech support. If the forced update doesn’t work, it’s possible there is something wrong with your hardware that should get fixed under warranty. I went through this recently with my NPC – all sorts of driver reinstalls, trying a different computer, etc., and it turned out to be a bad board.

Also make sure you USB stick has been formatted FAT16 or FAT32 and NOT exFAT. exFAT will not work. And make sure you use the OS eject to eject you USB stack from you system.

Dennis

Yeah I’ve followed the procedure. It’s FAT32 and been ejected as it is supposed to.

Thanks anyhow gents.

Did you first install the necessary drivers on the upstairs PC? If not that could be why it isn’t recognizing the DAC.

Just a thought, as I don’t own a DS DAC.

Hi all,

Just a quick one to say that Bridge II is finally working on my Junior now.

Not sure what went wrong or what had repeatedly prevented JRiver from recognising the DAC. But I went back to the previous firmware, then back to Torreys again (no need to force update it) and Eureka -it recognises it and is playing / singing beatifully off it.

Many thanks guys!

This seems to be the same problem I’m having as well.

Does the USB specifically have to be 2GB for firmware updates? I recall reading that somewhere.

I tried Roon in the hopes it was a JRiver problem but the static issue is still there. Also under Roon setup it initially had set it was uncertified. I power cycled it this morning and now it doesn’t say that but the audio issue still exists.

No any USB stick less than 16 gig will work, it needs to be formatted FAT16 or FAT32. exFAT will not work.

Dennis