DS, ROON & PS Audio Remote Functionality Issue w Bridge II update

Thanks guys! I’m still getting up to speed on everything and we are working very hard to continuously improve the firmware in our products. I have added these bugs to our list and we hope to get solutions to you as soon as possible. Feel free to send me direct messages on any issues you are experiencing with our products and I will make sure they are looked at by our software team for our next updates.

Thanks for your patience and support!

Matt

Hi Matt,

I know you have now compiled a list of bugs/issues. Would it be possible to post the list so that people can review and ensure that if they have an issue it is in there? I know you have probably had to go through several threads to put them all together. Just thought it might make life easier for all.

Thanks, Veneet

Great suggestion.

@mattc

Dear Matt,

Could you provide a quick update on this thread? Specifically, do you have line of sight on timing and would you share with us users a list of changes being considered?

Many thanks!

Hans,

I spoke to our engineering team yesterday, and we are going to be putting together a web portal to provide some insight into the issues we are working on. Currently we are taking a look at improving the overall software architecture of some of our products to help improve the software robustness in current products, as well as all of our products moving forward. Unfortunately these kind of improvements take some time, but we think that you and all our other fantastic PS Audio customers will be very pleased with the results!

I apologize that I can’t just ‘cut and paste’ a list here of items we are tracking at the moment, but within the next few weeks we should have a system up and running to give you better insight into what issues we are focusing on. You all will be the first to know when we have something up to look at!

Thanks again!

Matt

@mattc Dear Matt,

The Bridge II Update to my DS Jr did not fix the bugs. frown Specifically, for tracks played from Roon to Bridge II, the PS Audio remote bugs are:

1. The Forward button plays the last track played (or restarts current track).

2. The Back button advances the play queue forward one track.

3. The Pause/Play button does not function.

You were taking inventory of issue a few months ago. Can you let us know what happened? It seems like these would be simple fixes which certainly enhance basic functionality of the PS Jr.

Hi Hans,

We have been in the process of moving our feature requests and bug reports into a new system for better tracking. The forward/reverse issue was actually checked as resolved in the Redcloud release (ver125) with BridgeII version 3.4.5. I just checked it on the DSJ on my bench with Roon and Spotify and they worked as expected with Forward arrow advancing tracks and back arrow starting the track over, or going back a track. Can you tell me what version of DSJ code you have running (specifically what is listed as “Main:” next to “Version”) on the version menu?

The section of buttons these are on the remote for our for our disc transport specifically and so the play/pause functionality was reserved for the transport, however, it seems that if we are going to support skipping tracks on the bridge with the remote we should allow the play/pause function as well.

Our website developer has been swamped upgrading and moving things to new servers, but I’m hoping to still get a portal soon that will allow you guys to submit feature/bug reports and see what we currently have slated for upcoming releases. We’ll get there it is just taking us a little longer than we’d hoped to get a system in place.

Matt

Dear Matt,

I am away from home this week so am unable to answer your question on DSJ code version but we might be able to resolve without an answer.

I have only updated Bridge II to 3.4.5 (I think that is the new number). I have not updated to RedCloud yet. Will the forward/back functionality work only with both Bridge and RedCloud updates?

Having Play/Pause functionality would be so appreciated. How pleasurable it would be to pause a track without waking a sleeping iPad, opening the Roon app, waiting for Roon to refresh and then getting to the right screen. Wow - and if that is a simple code fix, all the better. I am wondering why this was not included in this upgrade. It seemed to have been positively received a few months back. Perhaps someone objected…?

I am glad you are open to it now!

Thanks for your good attention and support.

Hans

Hans,

Yes. The forward and reverse should work with Redcloud combined with BridgeII version 3.4.5.

Regards,

Matt

@mattc

Dear Matt,

After moving to Redcloud, which went flawlessly, I lost remote functionality to advance / revert a Roon track. . I have two PS remotes - DS jr and P3 - and now neither can move a track while both could prior to Redcloud with BridgeII per or post upgrade. I run Main code 1.25.

Can you offer any advice on a fix?

Thanks and sorry for the trouble.

@mattc Hi Matt, hoping for your help on the above.

@mattc

Dear Matt,

Indeed the forward and advance remote buttons are now working.

I was thinking that the latest update would include play/pause functionality (Remote - Bridge II - ROON), but maybe this didn’t happen?

Can you comment on if a) i am missing something and it should work or b) if you plan to incorporate into a future update of Bridge II?

Considering you got the forward/back buttons to work, i would guess this enhancement should be implementable and would round out major ROON functionality from PS Audio remotes!

I find that the Previous/Next buttons with Roon are still quite buggy. They stops working after a while, and require power-cycling to get it to work again.

One way to kill the function is to simply use either function several times quickly.