DSD Cover Art in RedCloud? - SOLVED

See topic

Did you remember to place the SD Card back into the Directstream after you updated it? Cover art won’t display unless there’s an SD Card inserted into the Directstream.

That would be the issue. Thank you very much!

Seegs108 said

Did you remember to place the SD Card back into the Directstream after you updated it? Cover art won’t display unless there’s an SD Card inserted into the Directstream.

For sometime now, I’ve thought that the absence of album art on my DSD screen was due to my not having ordered the Bridge option, a device I’ve no interest in. However today, while reviewing various topics, I started to see reference to the need to insert an SD card into the DSD. I can’t find reference to this in the manual. If I’ve missed it, then it’s an age thing. If not, it’s one significant oversight, particularly since the online manual can be amended.

As it stands, I don’t have an SD card and have never used one. This will be rectified soon.

So is my understanding correct? Insert a blank 16 or 32 GB formatted SD card into the DSD and album art will appear? Does this apply to Tidal, Audirvana, CD player. etc.?

You need to be using the Bridge input (and have an SD card inserted) for cover art to work. There’s no way to send cover art thru the other inputs.

@roadsterluver

you posted that you have a DS Junior. I don’t believe that the DSJ has an option for an SD card, updates are by USB stick. I think therefore you don’t have cover art available on the DSJ. Unless a USB stick has the same function as an SD card does in the DSsenior?

Frank

I posted that I have a DS Junior? Are you referencing my post above or an older post?

I stated above: “For sometime now, I’ve thought that the absence of album art on my DSD …”