Even and odd numbers

Am I totally insane? Only I happen to keep the volume only on even numbers and never on odd numbers?

2 Likes

A delightful quirk.

2 Likes

No. But I like prime numbers on my SGCD.

4 Likes

I play discs on even numbers and stream on odd numbers. I do not need analog to confuse me.

3 Likes

I find I like odd numbers better on mode and settings on the P15 than even numbers. That’s. . . odd.

1 Like

You are only supposed to notice this when either your hair is totally gray or you’ve gone bald.

2 Likes

@luca.pelliccioli
I thought you were an odd fellow, but I guess I was wrong!

3 Likes

Ah ah ah, I’m on the gray way in effect! Psycho Audiophile Collateral Effects!

2 Likes

Uh oh. My hair is totally gray. It’s still there. I made a deal with it that it could turn any color it wanted to as long as it stayed put. It has honored that deal.

3 Likes

My hair has turned grey but will revive to black after a haircut. I should do haircuts more often.

2 Likes

Same here, as long as it stays attached. So far so good.

1 Like

My main DAC has volume, and displays in dB (-90 up to 0 in 0.5 dB increments).
I try and only use multiples of 6dB, and definitely never leave it on a .5
Probably a fairly common kind of quirk common in those of us who are more “neurodiverse”, which is also commonly associated with hobby and interest hyperfocussing.
Not that I’m describing any of us here. Oh no. Definitely not :wink:

4 Likes

Here I am classified as “Particular”. I wonder if the makes me neuroobnoxious.

1 Like

I keep the volume only on the 5’s for some unknown OCD reason (15, 20, 25, 30, etc.)

4 Likes

Even numbers sound the best.

1 Like

I seem to like the odd numbers 37, 39, 41.45, 47, and 49 and 55. I never stop at 43?

When I do cable reviews and systems tweaks many are convinced I must be setting the preamp on imaginary numbers.

Now’s about time for an imaginary guitar solo.

3 Likes

At times I have a preference for 11, at other times 0.
Yet again, re-thnking may be 1 or 0.

2 Likes

I listen at a lot at 31, 35 and 41 on the BHK and most of the music I like is in odd meter too! weird…

1 Like

It’s all balderdash (said while quietly fighting the urge to only use increments of 5).

6 Likes

Weirdly I did the same thing while I had my BHK preamp; always on even numbers maybe due to the fact that the increment is 1/2dB. With my Pass SS preamp each step is 1 dB so I’m “free” to select even and odd! As long as we’re not on fractional dB steps, good heavens no.

EDIT: I’ve noticed some high end preamps have 0.25dB steps! That would be much too stressful to navigate.

1 Like