Eversolo DMP-A6 Master Edition

So, are you going to drag me into the 21st streaming century with a cheap little box with VU meters?
I am always up for a (cheap) date! Actually, the more I think I got grasp of what my approach should look like, the more it changes…from a single box solution to a bunch of separates and with a range of cables that are dirt cheap to Dragon class. Madness.

3 Likes

Does it have a proper I2S output?

Sorry if I overlooked this information being provided elsewhere…

1 Like

No, it doesn’t. I’m thinking that’s not a problem with the great USB input of the MK II.

1 Like

Eversolo forwarded my email to their Chicago dealer Saturday Audio. Received a nice reply from them. They have a show room and carry Lumin as well. Hopefully can arrange a comparison.

1 Like

It has an SPDIF output. That won’t do for DSD256 but the USB will.

3 Likes

You have not heard my inexpensive Panasonic spinner/dac

2 Likes

Ah. So my usb hub should work w my 4 5tb external drives we think?

Also I have a lot of sacd-iso files. So I have file compatibility questions as well. If I choose to like a streaming service -and most importantly - this sound quality beats my jriver + fidelizer combo - I would consider it for the integration of streaming from a service plus my collection.

I will find out about the external drive. I have a 5TB handy. Perhaps it will run JRiver. I just thought it was a fun device. If you were to buy one you might want to go for the Master version…

2 Likes

I am interested in the EverSolo streamer, primarily for its support for Amazon Music. I would also prefer to order on Amazon rather than Ali Express, but the EverSolo DMP-A6 is sold out on the US Amazon right now.

Based on a recent post from Innuos on the their forum, they have dropped their efforts to implement Amazon Music. HiFi Rose is supposed to be working on Amazon Music support, but based on the info from Innuos I am not optimistic.

I would be very interested to hear from anyone who is getting the EverSolo on how well it supports Amazon Music. Especially HD.

From Innuos: “Unfortunately I do not have good news about Amazon Music. To summarize a very long episode, when we planned to incorporate Amazon Music, we were given access to the API and, as such, we thought it would then be a question of implementing the API access on our system, just like the other streaming services we have integrated. Unfortunately, this is not the case. Not only the API needs to be implemented but Amazon requires that manufacturers implement a DRM solution called Widevine so that all streams are encrypted in the system. This then requires certification by a 3rd party entity on a device by device basis. The Widevine DRM implementation would have a major impact on all the platform, regardless of anyone using Amazon Music or not and the costs for 3rd party certification are too high. On top of all this, the experience Amazon Music provides is quite basic and even basic features like adding a track to a playlist would not be available. As such we have decided to drop this feature and we no longer plan to implement this. As a workaround for now, there is the possibility to use Amazon Music on iOS via Airplay - check how to enable Airplay on Innuos products here: Enabling Playback from Airplay Devices – Innuos – High-Fidelity Digital Music Servers and Streamers For Android unfortunately we don’t have a solution at the moment. Please accept my sincere apologies for having to backtrack on this. I hope you understand this was not an easy decision for us.”

1 Like

Sounds like Amazon wants to follow the same strong arm playbook that MQA was using. I have Amazon capabilities on my Auralic streamers but not interested in using them.

1 Like

I too have zero interest in Amazon Streaming. Bah.

1 Like

Interesting

DRM! Yuch. Seems that Amazon cares more about protecting the music than the US government does with their files.

That’s not saying much

2 Likes

My dealer verified warranty details on Master Edition. One year parts and labor.

That is not the case. It is my understanding that Amazon like to partner with people who they want in their ecosystem rather than just have everyone bolt on their stuff into third party systems. It gives them a level of control over the quality of implementation and the value of their brand.

Most of the speakers installed in my house have Amazon HD built in, and can be voice controlled with Alexa. The designers had a good relationship with Amazon in the first place and worked with Amazon from the outset.

Amazon contract with record labels just like anyone else and are required to protect the digital rights of the record labels/artists by encrypting the streamed data files. Every streaming service has to do this. Just because Innuos can’t handle the Amazon encryption is not Amazon’s fault, it’s probably because Innuos software is based on the very old but effective LMS platform.

Funny how everyone jumps to blame Amazon for everything when they are entirely blameless.

The irony is that Widevine DRM is a system created by Google and is the DRM system used on all Android mobile phones.

Would you rather there is no DRM encryption and the files could be downloaded, copied and shared, so all the record labels go bust and we get no music to listen to?

The better the DRM, the less chance labels and artists will get ripped off, so it really is a good thing that Amazon are using extremely good encryption.

In some ways yes and some no. HDCP is about the worst implementation I have ever used. Casies more harm than good. Lock down DVD the blu rays. Guess what takes hours for them to break. If the idea is to protect something they want you to see it’s nearly impossible. And guess how hat it’s free with commercials. Not sure it’s really needed nor will it stop the crooks. It’s been proven over and over. In reality it’s stopping nothing. From the user end.

The other side is the government grants access to files to it seems to a new computer tech who should not be reading? Doh! That’s what DRM is for. Where you know others will have access but you don’t want them opened unless you are supposed to Streaming music is not secrets. They want to protect their IP I get it. It’s why production companies like streaming. Music has not stettled in quite yet as the creators seem to not be rewarded that well. But for movies they love streaming way more than selling the physical media. Video streaming relies on HDCP I guess. Which stops nobody.

I don’t know what you’re going on about with HDCP. What’s that got to do with audio streaming?

Music streaming can only exist as a business if the streamed data is encrypted. If Innuos can’t modify their software to handle Amazon’s encryption, that’s not Amazon’s fault. Other people can do it, no problem. You can stream Amazon HD from a WiiM Mini streamer that costs $100.

Encryption has been in place ever since music streaming started. Napster proved why it was needed, over 20 years ago. Record companies would not license their music to streaming companies if their encryption was not good enough.

Third party certification is normal. Even Roon Ready status requires Roon certification.

Don’t know what the US government has go to do with anything.

There is a difference between encryption and DRM. HTTPS is a form of encryption. Often not need authentication. DRM is on top of that adding some sort of authentication at the file level. This file is protected with this authentication.

I was making a joke in my original post about how the government recently had the files exposed because someone had access which i am sure was encrypted but no DRM so the user could open and see.

But I am in agreement with you that if they were serious about doing it and Amazon would let them it should be able to implement. They probably did some sort of cost analysis and canned it.