Extract ISO Files from SACD discs/Convert to DSD Files

lewis1965 said Does anyone know if the new PSaudio transport will play sacd iso's. I'm curious with it using an OPPO disc drive? Thanks in advance if anyone can answer this for me.
My interpretation of this was that if one rip a SACD into a SACD iso with another system (e.g. Oppo or PS3) and burn the iso onto a BD-R disc, will the DS Transport play the BD-R?

Oh, I believe so. It’s based on a universal player and shouldn’t have a problem reading the disc.

colokoch said I have had all my sacds ripped by Ari Margolis at www.goldeneardigital.com. He is a great kid here in Denver and a joy to work with. I met him at the Rocky Mountain Audio Show back in 2015. At $5.00 a sacd for a 2 track dsd file or $7.50 for multitrack (if you want) and discounts for quantity its a great deal. Just supply him with a SSD and your sacds and he does the rest. You get beautiful hi res files on your music server. I have gotten brave lately and bought a few rare out of print sacds, had Ari rip them and put them back on the used market!
Thanks, Great find. I have most of my SACD's ripped but bought some new ones planning to set up an Oppo to do the rip myself. At this price I'm not going to bother and will ship to Ari for ripping.
Paul McGowan said Oh, I believe so. It's based on a universal player and shouldn't have a problem reading the disc.
Thanks.

I know that very few players are able to play iso’s.

It’s entirely possible that I am incorrect too - if the basic Oppo mechanism can do it then ours will as well. I’ll try and do some digging.

The ability to read DVD-Rs made with an SACD ISO image was available in earlier Oppo units until deprecated with a firmware revision. The stock 103/105 units do not offer this capability.

-Pb

1 Like
Peanut Butter said The ability to read DVD-Rs made with an SACD ISO image was available in earlier Oppo units until deprecated with a firmware revision. The stock 103/105 units do not offer this capability.

-Pb

Yes, this was the trade off they made when they added the ability to stream DFF/DSF files. The same firmware added this and took away the other. Would love both options, but if I had to choose I much prefer the streaming ability.

Paul I understood so far that the upcoming DMP replacement will cease to support playing SACD…is this info outdated and it now will continue to support it?

Is that the same Ari Margolis who is now the tech head for Aurender?

I suppose this all springs from peoples’ distrust of their SACD players’ DAC? Why not just use even the most basic of WAV recording software to record the output of your player, then listen on your PC? If you want more insurance then output from your player to a preamp, and then to your PC. If you have even a mildly, pro card from M-Audio or EMU, then the quality will be even better. In fact who is to say this isnt what these guys are doing, when they charge you $5?

It’s easy to rip a SACD these days. I bought a used $50 Sony player on eBay and uses some free software and I have ripped all of my SACDs.

What player and what software did you use?

Sony BDP-BX510

Make sure you get a remote.

For details and software, look here:

1 Like

Thanks

Just bought a Sony BDP-BX510. Waiting for it to arrive. Thanks for the link @speed-racer.

2 Likes

Once you’re done, sell it for what you paid. Works a treat. I used an Oppo 105 some years ago to rip all of mine.

It didn’t cost that much. May just hang on to it as I am sure I’ll be buying SACD’s for some time yet.

1 Like

Started to rip the limited SACDs I have. So far so good.

1 Like

Excellent news! I have ripped just over 60 SACDs with my Sony BDP-BX510. The process is more cumbersome than ripping CDs, but is still simple once you get the hang of it.

Agreed.