Feedback on Isotek EVO3 Ascension

Isoteks flagship power cable EVO3 Ascension have got impressive specs, overshadowing even Audioquest Storms flagship models.

EVO3 Ascension highlights

• 3 x 4 mm2 solid copper / silver plated (3 x 11 AWG)
  • Cryogenically treated copper
  • Fast as a Nordost-cable
  • 1.0548 dielectric constance
  • Air isolation
  • Double layers of EMI/RFI isolation
  • Contacts in both ends fitted with carbon fiber dampening
  • USD 3 500 (2 meters)

Q: Have anyone listened to this cable? Reviews are hard to find. Good reviews even harder to find. Can it compete with the more well known flagship gigants from Shunyata, Audioquest and Nordost?

Indeed IsoTek is one of those companies that do not receive a lot of press coverage.

1 Like

Exactly, these are the only reviews one easily can find. Looking at them more thorough one notices a lack of actually usueful information. If one would like to read 3-4 reviews which all state the same sonic signature one might draw conclutions. Presently one needs more information regarding this cable.

Thank you for your help and research

Q: Anyone that have tried this cable?

1 Like

I’ve used this cord for several years.

It’s my favorite cord for my integrated amp.

It has the best treble of any cord that I’ve tried.

1 Like

Thank you! Have you tried any other cable that might help with some benchmark thoughts, like Audioquest, Cardas or Nordost? Your information is great but if you could elaborate it would be highly appreciated! :slight_smile:

Yes, I’ve tried many cords.

Cardas Beyond XL, Audioquest Dragon, Pranawire Satori, etc.

The most musical cables I have owned are Actinote Sinfonia.

But every time the Ascension leaves my amp, I miss it and put it back.

It’s a balanced, refined cord with the best treble I’ve heard.

1 Like

Thank you! This is so helpful. I love Audioquests Perfect Copper Plus with solid conductors, but also miss the speed and dynamics of thicker Nordost cables. I also look for power cables with more quiet background. Ascension might be the right choise.

Q: Have you tried it with solidstate or tube-amp? If solid state, was it class A, A/B, D or G?

I use it with a Bakoon amp-41. Class A/B.

Ascension is the quietest cord I’ve used. It brings a hush over your stereo.

Thank you!

I investigated a bit. It behaves as a class A amp as it provides constant current 50w 8ohms. Like Class G its not a pure traditional class A but an atempt to make an even better design with less current draw.

This means that the power cables ability to provide power with huge capacity is valid and that your usage of Ascension is very valid as a reference for my likely usage. Thanks!

If you study the technical details of Arcam A49 class G (50 w class A and 263 w 8 ohm dynamics that have very little idle power consumption) you will understand how your amp works

The A49 has been designed to leapfrog the competition with a massive 200 watts per channel into 8 ohms and 400 into 4 ohms. It delivers 50 watts in pure class A mode while allowing for huge extra power reserves from our latest generation class G topology that is both clever and efficient. During normal operation, distortion is measured in less than one part per million so that this massive power is deliver with total control and finesse. * Low power 0.5W standby. 170w in full idle class A-operation.

About your amp
https://6moons.com/audioreviews2/bakoon5/1.html

Technical details about class G

1 Like