Fidelizer Pro

Be aware there’s a Fidelizer plus and a Fidelizer pro version. The versions start with windows and starts your desired audio streaming software. The pro version is better than the free ware version. To night I installed the pro version. To day I will have some listening time. Later more!

Well review man !!! Hahahah

Al

Haha yes I waited untill somebody woke uplaugh

To bad it is passed 12 in the netherlands. I have to save it for tommorow30_gif Oops today!

Well Fidelizer Pro is easy in use. You only have to install it once and choose the streaming program like Jriver to open and optimize to. There’s no need to start Jriver by hand or automatic fromout Jriver. Fidelizer Pro starts Jriver or other programs that are chosen every time windows starts.

The pro version has some extra optimizing features like core optimisation over the free version, but I can’t say which version sounds better. They are both very good.

With fidelizer there’s more rest in music. The sound is just a bit cleaner, but I think most of us know what fidelizer does.

With the pro things just happen automatically and probably even better.

So for everybody who likes what fidelizer does, go for the pro version and make it easy for yourself.

I will review later about a program like Fidelizer called Optimizer which is developed by Pink Faun which only will work on Pink Faun Streamers.

I refused to buy the pro version, because it starts automatically with the OS. I appreciate to have the choice to start my notebook as a “PC only” when I need it for work, or “Music only” while connected to my music rig. The only annoying thing is, that the free version always want to install the website as the preferred start site on my browser. And although if that checkbox is not clicked, the browser will be opened and shows that website pulling-hair_gif

I’m curious to learn more when we meet next weekend. As I read in Paul’s post today, we will have a RFMA feeling at Sascha’s place, since we will also auditing the DS with the IRS Beta…happy-132_gif

aliaswolf said

I’m curious to learn more when we meet next weekend. As I read in Paul’s post today, we will have a RFMA feeling at Sascha’s place, since we will also auditing the DS with the IRS Beta…

I hope it'll be so good as I think with the DS and it accords to your/our ideas...

My PWD MK II sounds as good since usage of Fidelizer, I won’t miss it.

I am excited about the results and looking forward to your visit . See you on Sunday…

…but we make an LSBLWDS (LowerSaxonyBetaListeningWithDS) instead of RFMA

Seems great sascha! I’m also very excited to listen to your system. I guess with the stuff we bring together we will have an extreem listening experience. The DS upgrade firmware could not be released on a better time!

See you two tomorrow!

yeah, thank you, I 'm really excited about the results and our / your impressions

Hi Sascha,

Im misusing this topic, it was great to see you and Wolf again at your place. You have a great system. It’s capable to reproduce the biggest instruments on the right scale or even bigger scale. It was a great day and I have a good impression of your system. The Infinity Beta’s still sound like new.

I’m playing your music at the moment. I hope my neigbours will like your music better4_gif

Loaded Fidelizer Pro a couple of days ago and I am happy with the results in combo with Win8 on my server. I went back and forth between my previous optimal setup with the free version and I like the Pro sound better. I think that it gives a quieter sounding background and instruments have more “body” than with the freebie. The changes are subtle but recognizable and I’m sticking with this arrangement. Any time you run the program it allows you to choose from a list of options. One of these options is to not have it start automatically with Windows so that you are not stuck with a Fidelized computer each time that you boot. Being a bit of control freak, I like this option.

Thank you everyone for your interests of Fidelizer Product. I’m the developer of Fidelizer software and would like to announce that now we have moved to a new home in www.fidelizer-audio.com explaining about software itself like how it works, how to use it and how to upgrade in great details.

There’s also significant changes in Fidelizer products that I should inform since releasing version 6.0 here.

1. It no longer offer option to change default homepage anymore. Back then I developed Fidelizer with furious passion against commercial audiophile products like Amarra and don’t want companies to take profit from it so I added this so the company can’t secretly integrate Fidelizer into their music server projects but now I realized it’s not necessary to go that far anymore.

2. Multi-core optimizations are improved since version 6.2. You should hear significant improvements in quad core system.

3. Fidelizer Pro now allows user to configure software behaving like free version that doesn’t automatically run optimization on startup.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions about Fidelizer. I’ll do my best to help improving audio quality in Windows.

Regards,
Windows X

Welcome to the forum Windows X. I have enjoyed your software for several years now and I am very pleased with the results that I get with the newest version. I first found out about Fidelizer through this forum. I have been running my i7 with 3 cores deactivated. I’ll reactivate them and give the multicore option a go. I’ll post back here to let you know how it works for me.

Yes, welcome! We are delighted to have you here.

Thank you everyone. As for single core vs multi-core, there’s ups and downs below.

Single core: more coherent sound, less interrupts from core switching, resource migration.
Multi-core: more transparency and micro-detail.

It also involves heat/noise and optimizations inside machine that should be taken into account.

What can you tell us about some of the optimizations that you do? I understand that this is your work but if there is anything that you feel like you could share with us less knowledgeable people, at least in the general sense, that would be appreciated.

Modern CPUs have higher power so it could process heavy audio files easier.
Atom CPUs have much lower noise and heat so it’s cleaner platform with less power.

Optimizing system may differ on hardware and user’s goals to improve sound quality.

Ah. I forget to mention my own optimizations. I built my own music server based on atom hardware design. It can go fanless and with much lesser hardware noise. I used to have hard time making stable hires audio playback but that issue is now resolved with optimizations from Fidelizer. I picked dual core atom for client machines because it runs on lower power and voltage with notebook’s memory.

For Intel i devices, you may consider i3 without hyper-threading enabled as I prefer 2 cores over 4 cores. The more you have, the more resource shuffling between cores happen. I found hyper-threading, bit execution, and UAC being a big hinderance for good sound quality so you should have them turned off as well if possible.

Personally, I still use single core atom n270 on my reference machine feeding audio through RME HDSP AES-32 at under 1ms audio playback latency.

Since releasing Fidelizer 6.7, I noticed there’re two types of computer audio setup. The first one is ordinary computer setup for better sound like most of normal people would. So Fidelizer 6.7 improves optimizations with consideration of common environment where security and user account control are working.

For another type of computer audio setup, it does nothing but playing audio. No security software installed and user account control is disabled completely. This kind of computer setup has better audio performance but be more vulnerable to security threats. With changes in Fidelizer 6.7 release, the overall performance is reduced along with security services that need to be turned off through external patches.

To make the most of both worlds, we need to find middle ground where it clearly separates between those two. In this case, Fidelizer 6.8 will check user account control’s status through registry named"EnableLUA". If you disable user account control and set “EnableLUA” to 0, Fidelizer will apply optimizations without security concerns. It will also disable security services so you don’t need external patches for this release. You can read how to disable user account control completely from here.

Changelog for version 6.8

Free
-Added Windows Defender, Windows Firewall, and related services back into stopping services list if User Account Control is turned off completely
-Added User Guide in download package
-Fixed failing to apply some core optimizations features due to service dependencies
-Improved process optimizations handling with User Account Control

Plus
-Added Windows Defender, Windows Firewall, and related services back into stopping services list if User Account Control is turned off completely
-Fixed failing to apply some core optimizations features due to service dependencies

Pro
-Added Windows Defender, Windows Firewall, and related services back into disabling services list if User Account Control is turned off completely
-Fixed possible errors on machine running without logging on some services based platform

I also added user guide document and fixed some other bugs too. Some people who failed to notice the difference before may find it positive this time because I solved service dependencies bug on some machines now. Let me know if there’s anything need to be fixed so I can make a bug-free stable release before Windows 10 comes out.

Download: Fidelizer 6.8
Upgrade: Fidelizer Upgrade Program

Fidelizer Plus/Pro users should be received a mail about update and download link by now. If you somehow didn’t receive an update notification as I received some delivery failure message too, please contact me for an update with your customer data to verify.

Thanks, Keetakawee. So sorry that I haven’t been able to get to the editing. I’ve had a lot going on here but things are getting back to normal.

That’s OK. I’m appreciated in your kind help. I’ve been busy with other works too so I understand.