File Format The DS Will Not Play

Sounds good. If I see anything I will let you know. Happy New Year

Dennis

You too!

OK, further experimentation reveals that it’s not the bit depth - something in some of the URL’s is causing J River to throw an error code and display the dreaded “Something Went wrong with Playback” message, however, after that it starts to play a few seconds later. In short - looks like a J River problem. I will post a few URL’s if I cannot get them to work.

Bob said OK, further experimentation reveals that it's not the bit depth - something in some of the URL's is causing J River to throw an error code and display the dreaded "Something Went wrong with Playback" message, however, after that it starts to play a few seconds later. In short - looks like a J River problem. I will post a few URL's if I cannot get them to work.
It looks like shoutcast, and the cycle the URL every 10 seconds so you have to use their player.

Dennis

I seem to have gotten it all to work… everyone, please forgive me for killing all these electrons needlessly. :) The answer was: - in Options, file types in J River 20 I had MPEG set to use FFMPEG as the playback method instead of “automatic.” Seems to be working fine now with the last 3-4 URL’s that i could not get to play previously, as long as Output Format in “DSP & Output Format” is enabled and upsamples files to at least 44.1 if the sample rate of the input is less than that.

I do wanna say… honestly… that while I have come to know and love J River (well, maybe “love” is a little strong :)) their documentation lags so far behind the changes they are pushing out in their code that they really really need to allocate a whole lot more in the way of resources to that issue, IMHO.

But bottom line, I am happy. :) Party hearty everyone!!

Bob said I seem to have gotten it all to work.... everyone, please forgive me for killing all these electrons needlessly.
They were just slightly inconvenienced.

Thanks everyone! We sort of live on two continents, and it is absolutely a great thing to be able to play NY News radio anywhere in the house when we’re 6,000 miles away, so we can know how hard it’s snowing etc. etc. Also cool as hell. :) of course I could’ve come up with other ways to do this but it’s great to be able to do it all from within J River and output it thru the DS.

Our ability cover to easily communicate over such distances is near magical.