Finally....PerfectWave SACD Transport

I prefer to buy from businesses that are successful rather than those that I hope will be successful.

As far as customer service is concerned, the most customer-focused business in the world, by far, is Amazon. No one else comes close. Ask anyone who has worked there, been a reseller, it applies top to bottom. If a PS Audio product goes wrong, will they collect it and send a replacement within 24 hours? No, you have to send it in and wait perhaps a month.

It is no surprise it is the most valuabld business in the world and that so many large companies use or lease the platform and fulfillment systems.

I prefer to look through the windshield as opposed through the rear-view and have concluded that owners of the DMP are forced to take the ā€œwater under the bridgeā€ approach and:

1. Hang on to the DMP and play mean-time-to-failure roulette with the drive . . .

2. Hang on to the DMP and buy one of the replacement transport ā€œgutsā€ assemblies to the drive available on Ali-Express as cheap insurance and on the hopes that one can muster the skills to do the drive surgery if/when necessary ā€¦

3. Sell or trade in the DMP for the new transport ā€¦

4. Or sell the DMP, leave the reservation, and explore other alternatives for transports and/or DACS.

Iā€™ve decided to take whatā€™s behind door #3. Sound quality has never been an issue with the PS Audio transports or the DSD, and every tweak Iā€™ve done to ā€œclean upā€ the digital feed to my streamer and DSD has been worthwhile, so Iā€™m assuming that the photonic isolation in the new transport will render even better SQ.

That said, the last three disc spinners Iā€™ve owned in the last 6 or so years (Ayre, PWT, and DMP) have gone obsolete. Ifā€™ I knew that would have happened back then, Iā€™d have bought one of the Esoteric players.

1 Like

Excellent! When you get your new player please let us know what you think. Iā€™m holding off for the time being, the $4k it will cost to upgrade (maybe less, but keeping it simple for now) could be put towards a streamer. Iā€™ve read so many reports of how the Bridge II can be improved upon that it may be a better investment.

1 Like

I plan to, but Iā€™m not among the Beta group, so theyā€™ll be posting well ahead of me. I donā€™t expect to see the post-beta units until sometime in November.

1 Like

Interesting thought.

I buy from those who have the products and services in which I am interested and with whom I enjoy doing business.

When I state ā€œbuying from a business you would like to succeed,ā€ this includes both those who are doing well and those I hope will survive.

If one refuses to buy from anyone other than ā€œbusinesses that are successful,ā€ many wonderful new businesses, restaurants, art organizations, etc. will instantly fail.

1 Like

Is this point REALLY worth continued dialog?

Really?

5 Likes

The topic arises out of posts regarding supporting audio manufacturers. Just read over it if you are disinterested. It is easy to do

There are many threads here (which will remain unnamed :slight_smile: )in which I am disinterested. I review them quickly and let them go.

4 Likes

I was just trying to point out that the titanium plaque marking the spot where the horse died has dissolved.

Crack that whip!

2 Likes

Hmmm . . . Steven had just made a new, interesting point. The horse is at least trying to stand.

But I understand your perspective.

2 Likes

ā€œā€¦Give the past the slip
Step on a crack
Break your mommaā€™s backā€ - Devo

4 Likes

We are not men. We are Devo!

5 Likes

Whip it, whip it goodā€¦

2 Likes

We need some new solid topics to discuss: hardware, music, favorite performers, anything!

We are becoming stagnant.

1 Like

Donā€™t be a party pooper!!!

4 Likes

Iā€™m with you on that! @Rudolf_Appel makes a good point about a Stellar version. Thatā€™s more in line with my budget.

A remarkably influential group.

1 Like

James
Any updates on when the code tweak issue will be resolved?

Last I heard, weā€™re shooting for code to be complete and production to be rocking around the start of Oct. Luckily I donā€™t have to sit in on the dev meetings so I donā€™t have the most accurate ETA. I should have more info after my Wednesday meeting though.

Thanks
I do hope that this is not a deja vu of the Oppo code.

I donā€™t think Barry and Co will let that happen.

I think my team and I got a little trigger happy getting the beta folks lined up. I think weā€™ve done a decent job of setting the expectation for those folks and the shipping of theirs betas. Iā€™m patient and not motivated to rush Barry and his team on this one. Thatā€™s what Paul is good for. :grin:

2 Likes