1 Like

A CTI day so far.

s-l640.jpg

Followed by

Morning Star / Carnegie Hall / The Chicago Theme

That one today. Heavenly …

2 Likes

Ivan Boogaloo Joe Jones “Legends of Acid Jazz Vol. 2”

Thanks for the tip. I found it as a redbook download from Presto Music. Looking forward to listening to it.

Sadly we lost Harry Belafonte yesterday. A fantastic singer, actor, and an important social justice advocate.

1 Like

Let me know how you like it. Apparently the community is divided on this particular release.

Joshua Abrams Natural Information Society Since Time is Gravity. Vinyl due out May 12 from Forced Exposure, CD is currently available.

Natural Information Society

On first listen, I like it. The sound is pretty good, and the performers do a fine job. The limited number of participants makes it something I probably won’t listen to often, but in small doses, I enjoy it. In some ways the arrangements remind me a little of the version of “Silver Blue” that JD Souther put on his “Black Rose” LP, where it’s mostly just him singing along with some extraordinary bass accompaniment from Stanley Clarke, until some very tasteful horns come in near the end: Silver Blue - YouTube

1 Like

You may enjoy this as it steps things up a bit with regards to performance, and the sonics are terrific.

Thanks, I’ll look into it.

Great album

1 Like

Gary McFarland “Soft Samba Strings” Verve promo mono LP

Followed by

George Wettling’s Jazz Band, Columbia 10" 33 rpm

20200309_e37417.JPG

Starting off with the first of 3 LPs from this fine box set.

1 Like

1 Like

The weather is perfect this morning. All the doors and windows are open and there’s this playing, I’m very happy.

3 Likes

61FopgpOlVL.AC_UY436_FMwebp_QL65
It’s pouring.
This is playing loud.
Sounds wonderful.

3 Likes

Not familiar with that one, so it has been added to the queue. An advantage of streaming via Qobuz, Tidal, etc… as I can easily sample musics I am unfamiliar with offered up by the PSA community. Weather wise, we are having Seattle weather, light breeze, overcast, and light rain through the morning.

1 Like

I assume with the new cartridge you can clearly hear the train raining through the Tube. BTW, any decision on Alexia V?

I loved the Alexia Vs even more when I heard them again at my dealer. But I’ve decided they’re not worth the extra expense over my Sabrina Xs. I realize that when I’m listening to the Sabrinas, especially with the new cartridge, that after two years and a bit, I’m still in the honeymoon stage.

3 Likes