Good point. In this case, I really don’t need THAT conditioner. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hope that thread answer some questions for
you. There is a lot there .,

Best wishes

You’re right, it would.

1 Like

Hey jamesh thanks…but please clarify the “it would part”

The regen would put itself in protection.

3 Likes

Thanks, I recall that I did read some of it before. It has nice info (and pic too).
With all my gears plugged in, my P12 only uses up less than 160W.
Like others, get a regen is one way street, never look back. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks…I thought that is what you meant…but just
asked to be sure…

Way to go “whiz kid”

1 Like

Terrence your P12 is beautiful piece of gear…
I went from P5 to P12…then a P15…

P15 to accommodate a Parasound JC5 Class A/AB
400 watt/ channel monster amp…

My musical enjoyment just keeps getting better…
your will also…

Best wishes

1 Like

Guess what, I was watching this YouTube Sunday

Saw APC conditioner like mine there. My thought why this guy use APC conditioner in his super high end system…. He can definitely afford a better one.
Then around 34:54, P10 shows up. This definitely assures me my investment on P12 should be a good one. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The APC seems to be powering his Tivo device, which makes sense. My concern is it’s a pretty bargain basement APC.

The structure of the walls (7:15) proves that he was on a mission from the start. I suspect he started building during the Cold War, just in case.

For the $1.75m that it cost him, using my normal metric of the equivalent number of opera/ballet/concert tickets that the expenditure represents, my wife and I could go to anything we wanted every day for the rest of our lives, so an easy decision. I’m sure it’s a nice system, but not for me. He does come across as very sane for someone who is obviously completely mad, in a good way.

3 Likes

He has a very big hobby with a very big wallet :slight_smile:

1 Like

And a dreadful sense of aesthetics.

6 Likes

Don’t get upset but I couldn’t very far thru it. My impression was that all of this was not much for the sound.

1 Like

Compulsive behavior.
Sad that he will not get to hear most of that massive collection of vinyl.

And your point is…?

You realize where you are “hanging out”, don’t you?

@scotte1 , I was merely identifying with him, not judging. Now excuse me, I’m in the middle of a buying spree . . )

1 Like

LOL.

Carry on…

1 Like

Very “interesting” documentary … “best in the world”, hmmm, hard to say, but I wouldn’t have made a lot of the same decisions if I had $1.5M to spend. I choked when I first saw the Oppo, but as it progressed it was obvious this was a very vinyl centric system.

I would love to hear what Chris Brunhaver has to say about the speakers. Lots of impressive components and cabinet construction, but twelve years to build them? Oy!

One annoyance, he should have gotten a better videographer. The occasional jerky motion and wonky auto-focus was not in line with the tone he was trying to present.

Love the antique Persian rugs though.