Good Movies

Great Film !!!

Yes indeed, hold that toast between yer knees.

John Ford addressing American prejudice.

4 Likes

William Wellman addressing Mob Rule. Not one of the top ten films, but timely to this very day.

1 Like

Kubrick deserves to be represented and for me it is two films will suffice as once choice for the top ten. First his effort to bring Anthony Burgess to life.

And then the Back satire of the mankind bringing the world to a rather abrupt end:

2 Likes

On the subject of social issues…
A really special John ford flick with wonderful performances by a talented cast.
Steinbeck and O’Neill; two authors whose writings translate well to stage and screen.

2 Likes

A favorite of mine and my wife. A recent return to it and she is currently re-reading the book. A classic to be certain. Picking just one John Ford film is rather difficult.

Kubrick…I have most of his films.
All different, all very good, indeed.

Lolita is the only one of his I do not have in my library.

1 Like

Is this not a very deep “wabbit hole”?
The sort of topic that has no end.

A film to which George Lucas and Dan D’Agostino owe very, very, much. Credit to William Shakespeare as well.

Five to go.

5 Likes

:+1: :+1: :+1:

Harlan Ellison’s classic tale brought to life.

2 Likes

Not a top ten, but this sums up technology’s impact on society. The Qatsi Triology with a fine Philip Glass soundtrack to boot.

2 Likes

Again, not a top ten. No home should be without it, Gojira or some may regard it as Godzilla. The original of course.

1 Like

OK…now you’ve done it…

or this with Patricia Neal… “klaatu barada nikto” ya’ll…

Jim Arness before the spurs and chaps…

3 Likes

The original…absolutely.
Never liked the Raymond Burr version.

Jean Luc Goddard brings us sprinting through the Louvre and a quick two step at the malt shop.

1 Like

Where would we be without the Saturday Matinee, double feature, and I call the center seats back row!

Elmhurst’s York Theater offered free movie tickets and popcorn to students who served their school, either as patrol boys/girls, student council members, band members or athletes. Very, very cool.

Saturday matinees, the house was filled with students. They actually seated us with ushers that carried small flashlights.

1 Like

Wilder’s gender bending classic. Hard to pick a best Billy Wilder film. This gets my vote today.

4 Likes