Has anyone compiled a list of fuse sizes and values for PSA gear?

Looked through some of the owners manuals but didn’t find any info on fuse specs.

The values are there but you need to search sometimes:

All fuses are 5mmX20mm

All Values are in Amps and are for 120V countries

BHK Pre: 2H (Fast)
BHK 300: 2H (Fast) Rails: 10 Slow
DSD: 1T (Slow)
PST: 1.6T (Slow ) The Fast is will blow easily , taken from experience and approved by James
Stellar Phono: 1.6H (Fast)
P5: 5T (Slow)

2 Likes

The fuses I’m thinking of buying don’t come in a 1.6, jumps from 1 to 2. So better to stick with 1?

SMALL METRIC STYLE SILVER CRYO FUSES 5X20MM 3/4" SLOW BLOW F WITH CFC
$17.90
Slow-Blow (T) .5, 1, 2, 3.15, 4, 5, 6.3, 8, 10 amp with Crystal Fiber Compound

That’s very low if you go to 1. In my PST adventure it blew the fast blow 1.6 fuse on power up. I spoke with James and I went with Slow rating and it’s holding up perfectly.

1 Like

I’m just concerned about going to 2. Maybe someone from PSA can chime in and offer further guidance.

I hope nobody in a 220 to 240v country uses the above values!

1 Like

I’d definitely stick with 1.6A in there. 1 is likely going to pop on boot up and 2 has the potential to let something through that could harm the unit. I always recommend sticking with what is spec’d.

2 Likes

Are people changing fuses for BHK Pre (clearly from above) and M1200s? I must be misreading materials that suggested against this.

I don’t hear too many people messing with the fuse in the BHK pre, but I’m sure they are. The fuses in the Stellar amps are not “user accessible” so don’t change those.

1 Like

I’ve made an edit to reflect the 120V ratings

Needs a few updates for DSD Mk2, BHK 600s…

Just took out the fuse from the BHK Pre for the first time. BHK pre not responding.

Fuse is ceramic with gold colored caps and ‘T2AH 250V’ inscribed on the cap.

Is this normal to have a 250V fuse in a 120V model?

TIA

Completely normal and common.

Most fuses are identified as 250V.

1 Like