Here's the correct way of measuring a Power Plant

Who is the “you” you’re referring to here??? I never said anything about the BK, or about any opposite argument of audio devices filtering high frequency elements. You’re confusing me with someone else.

@Barsley well said. Right to the point of why his tests are not as good as the ASR fan base assumes. Thanks.

The “you” is a generic “you” and “your” If you feel better you can replace with “a person”

Thomas Keller is self taught. Would you turn down a free meal at The French Laundry?

Saul Marantz was a trained Graphic Artist.

The list goes on. Autodidacticism has been prevelent for centuries.

Are we to discount Faraday now?

2 Likes

I am by far not an EE. But I Paul just posted a video on how Amps use Server Circuits to clean this up. If I am wrong please correct me. Is this why the PS Audio stack works so well together.

1 Like

Well, that has no relevance to me.

Please re-read my post to Paul where I clearly explain the problem of high noise on my AC line making it’s way through my P10 into my audio equipment that I could actually hear. I assumed, mistakenly it seems, that the P10 would clean all that up. It didn’t.

1 Like

It sounds like you have extraordinary circumstances that require more than a PP to resolve. I have two PP10 powered systems. Both are dead quiet. I did however provide them both dedicated 20 Amp circuits with decent outlets.

1 Like

Amire already gave you your answer. From his review:

“At high level, yes it is an AC regenerator capable of producing less distorted AC waveform.”

I have no idea what your setup may be, and the ingress of noise can come from associated equipment from the load side of the P10. I own one and I have >6% consistently and >8% THD at times in the evening and it does a stellar job. The real task to your dilemma is to identify what the noise is, and it’s source.

1 Like

@Barsley is correct in his comment above. You can’t compare a power supply designed for 3A with a high current design like a P12. It’s and apples/oranges comparison, since it’s far easier to design a clean 3A supply.

Because it has to do with integrity. PS Audio software internal to the machine under test isn’t the impartial determiner of the veracity of the advertised performance claims.

…But you know this already.

2 Likes

It is consistent with the third-party review referenced above, click.

While I understand your point, it does not occur to those with integrity that others may find their honest statements suspect.

3 Likes

Soon we will only be able to speak through an AI avatar that will ensure every word written or spoken will satisfy all.

I fear the days of genuine people like Paul are coming to an end.

2 Likes

@Paul Merely needs to product a test result with integrity which supports the advertised claims of the product.

He knows better and he would if he could.

• Tossing shade on ASR/Amir hasn’t worked
  • Using 2 voltmeters and the product to self-report doesn’t work
  • Linking to a similar test on YouTube doesn’t work
  • Folksy comments don’t work

@Paul could have stuck a metaphorical fork through the center of doubt with a real test with real test equipment, which surely the company owns. This would have been done weeks ago if possible.

I own 4 PS Audio products and Paul’s pathetic ah-shucks responses has me doubting the credibility for any claims the company makes.

3 Likes

Has the sound from these four PSA products degraded since this doubt began?

4 Likes

Yawn…

Actually, these work quite well.
ASR supporter negativity on their site and their negativity/accusatory language here speaks volumes.

3 Likes

1 Like

You already have a test done with integrity, as well as an independent third-party test demonstrating the same positive result. It appears unlikely yet another test by PS Audio again showing the same result would satisfy you.

Of the four PS Audio Products you own, is one a Power Plant? Does it make your system sound better? Are you happy with its performance? If not, why not?

P.S. I have never previously been accused of being “folksy.” :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Let me know when you’re going to sell them - I’ll give you five bucks a piece since you think they’re worthless. I’ll even pay shipping.

3 Likes