Hi-Fi Photography and Images

“As spectacular as the Reference DAC is, the Server may be the more revolutionary product. It makes garden-variety digital files sound like hi-res remasterings, with tremendous bass clarity, dynamics, articulation, and rhythmic drive. The Reference Server also reveals space, depth, and dimensionality, even on recordings that sound flat and two-dimensional through other sources.”

[Source:https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/best-music-servers-over-10000/?mc_cid=da54cdc9a0&mc_eid=1d3c0b9753]

I believe Magico’s founder and lead designer, Alon Wolf, does all the product photography.

The M9

2 Likes

What’s not to like?:

I think it’s gorgeous. More to see here:

The current iteration is just as striking (but the photo on the Burmester site does not do it justice):

3 Likes

Just the sound :wink: the look is great (as long as it’s the exception in the chain with the chrome look for my taste).

Looking at a complete Burmester chain dazzles too much (again for my taste).

1 Like

Agree…great as a centerpiece…

Here’s a pic of Paul at the 2023 Hi Fi show at Ascot, the show was cancelled last year due to the death of HM Queen Elizabeth II. Speakers used were FR30s or FR20s.

8 Likes

Static display…?

No, they could stream stuff and play it to either FR20s or FR30s. All other PSA products were displayed behind the place that I took the photo from, e.g. the gold series.

wildly impractical, but rather pretty :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nearly 50% off in a current Audiogon listing:

Love the design/end game kit?

5 Likes

yes

1 Like

Wonderful, especially in black!

2 Likes

I cannot imagine how perfect those physical controls feel.

1 Like

IMG_2151

[Not the best photo]

Some info.:

I’ve heard this in a set with a.o. a Takumi TT last weekend in Brussels. I found it impressive and very mature.

1 Like

I think I have seen this listing a couple of times. Hard to sell in today’s market at the price point, I guess. I think its pretty sweet looking:

4 Likes

Just seeing this, and I’m intrigued. Not to buy a pair of them, but to perhaps build walnut “covers” for the black (and sore-thumb) RELs in my mid-century living room. Hmmmm.

3 Likes

Not dissimilar to BK, who used to make subwoofers for REL a few years back.
http://www.bkelec.com/HiFi/Sub_Woofers/XXLS400-DF_MH.htm

Voxativ is best known for their Full Range Drivers, having them in my Pure Audio Project Trio 15 speakers.

These two are for @vkennedy61 (he might be on to something with that Silver fetish of his):

3 Likes