High-end USB (or I2S) Cables Evaluation on DS MK2

What thickness is the Sorbothane sheet and do you use adhesive backing?

.125 x 6 x12 Duro70 from Amazon. The sheet is sticky, and I do not need to use any adhesives yet.

1 Like

Rabbits?

1 Like

And their holes!

2 Likes

Google Lens is the enemy.

Get a label maker and cover with Sony labels

2 Likes

Try Dynamique Audio USB, it may just blow your socks off :boom::boom::socks:

The Shunyata Omega USB has been in the system for one week, and I can hear continuous improvement from last week. This comes after I replaced the M-1 fuse with a stock one, and the sound is still better than last week. It obviously came from Omega.

I have been listening to PST for the last two days because my CDs from Japan arrived. Today I switched back to streaming and realized I like SQ better! The streaming sounds pure analog-like with the best part of digital detail and extension. The admission cost is worth it in my case.

1 Like

Have you considered the Sablon Evo usb in your cable shoot out? So far Iā€™m hearing that it is better than the Omega and itā€™s $1250 for a meter?

1 Like

I read similar impressions around the web.

Here on PS forum I donā€™t know if anyone already compared Sablon vs Omega USB. After my room refurbishment Iā€™m going to decide between the two.

1 Like

Hi Luca! Just the guy I need to talk to. I have an offer to pick up a Slightly used Pink Faun usb demo, mint condition for $550.00. Is that a good deal? Iā€™m also thinking about the Sablon Evo but $1250 Iā€™d be pushing to the limit for a usb cable.

1 Like

Sablon EVO is the one to get if it is that good. I am not sure if it is ā€œbetterā€ than Omega, but if they are close I would go for it.

1 Like

I have experience with Sablon ethernets. They sounded much more interesting than Audioquest Diamond for example. So I believe their USB can sound better than much more expensive classic brands.

4 Likes

They could be a giant killer then. I will check if they make ethernet cable, since I use a Chinese made silver core cable (reasonable cost and so good!). I remember you said AQ Diamond ethernet made quite a difference in your system. I just need to get a pricier one to find out. :joy:

2 Likes

sure, AQ Diamond is amazing. the only problem with Sablon Ethernet is about 2 weeks of burning in, itā€™s hard not to make decision before that.

2 Likes

They do make an Ethernet cable, if I pull the trigger on the Evo usb Iā€™ll get the ethernet cable at the same time.

2 Likes

Donā€™t wait too long as Luca may want to know your review :laughing:

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a Sablon forum link on there website just so you know.

2 Likes

I bought directly from Jord at 1.200,00 euros 1 ethernet and 1 USB cable (he offered me as total amount for both of them so I donā€™t know exactly how much for each one). I had a problem with the USB feeding the Matrix, at the time, and Jord sent me another USB to replace the faulty one within 3 days, great customer service. The last one still works perfectly. I love this cable so much, so musical and analog-like.

Mmm maybe as used price you may ask to reduce it a little bit!

1 Like