Highend car audio with no limits

Here’s why I wasn’t as active on the forum last year: I like my home system the way it is at the moment, and I got a taste for how good a system with high sound quality can sound in the car last year. A lot has happened since September last year, and I’ve tried to apply the tweaks and experiences of my home system to the car. The fifth expansion stage since the beginning: 4-way front system, rear fill and subwoofer in the rear. Each channel has its own amplifier. From the battery (lithium) to the fuses and cables to insulation, sound optimization and noise reduction - there are almost as crazy and extensive optimization options as in the home sector.
I’ve added Ansuz Sortz Signature termination plugs as my latest upgrade. They improve soundstaging and dynamics in the car, too. I found a power cable that is just as sophisticated as those used in high-end home audio: OCC copper with silver conductors. It gives me peace of mind and the feeling that it simply doesn’t get any better. The reality check: a power cable in a car is likely less critical than in a home system. I also have matching copper/silver fuses with ebony casings from Harmonic Harmony. :wink: I think the hardware setup is complete. However, fine-tuning the DSP processor remains an endless playground.

And how does it sound compared to a high-end home hi-fi system, considering the limited space inside a car? It sounds magnificent, and every drive is a relaxing experience. Last week, I listened to the new B&W 801 D5 at my hi-fi dealer’s. I parked right in front of the entrance, allowing me to quickly switch back and forth between the car and the B&W speakers. The sound in the car is on a similar level. While the soundstage is slightly narrower than in the listening room, the car system sets a very high bar in terms of detail and precision—especially in the low-frequency range. My dealer simply noted that the 801 D5 still needed more break-in time. Score one for the car audio system. I qualified for the German Championship finals in October with this car audio system.
Greetings Andreas

I gave up on car audio after my third system was torn from my vehicle by thiefs.

I hope that doesn’t happen to me. Breaking into cars used to be common in our area, with radios, amplifiers, and speakers being stolen. Nowadays, that doesn’t seem to happen as often; thieves tend to target factory-installed radios and airbags instead. I won’t be able to add the system to my insurance policy until next spring. It makes me uneasy, though, since there is a huge amount of money invested in it. Installation and setup costs account for about half of the total expense.

I had a high end system in my Porsche-trouble was that Mahler would mess with the sound of the engine.

Good to hear from you.

Car audio? You must still be a young kid, and enjoy when you still can :laughing: I only listen to news when I am driving to keep me awake nowadays. If I listen to audiophile level music in car I might smash into walls often; felt too old to take great music excitement while driving anymore.

Are you planning to keep your car forever since you will never get that investment back in future. I think car audio depreciates worse than home audio even, but I guess you can yank it out and put into the new car too.

After NY trip I will order a SR Holographic fuse to try on MU2, and I hope your car audio does not need fuses because I know you knew they make a difference.

It looks to me like you did a great job. I wish I got a chance to hear it and am happy to read you are thrilled with the results of your efforts.