How do you check the firmware version of Bridge II

Hi

Where can you verify the firmware version of Bridge II?

Below is my a screen capture

20160908_080222.jpg20160908_080207.jpg

It looks like you are probably running 2.7.11. The Bridge moved the location of the version after Torreys was released, so it shows 0.0.0.

You can check the version using the mConnect app on Android or IOS.

For Android:

From the play Store: Download and install mConnect or mControl by Converse digital. Then in the application hit the Play to tab at the bottom. Then if your bridge shows up select it. Then press the player tab, and press the gear at the upper left and it will give you device information.  If you have a uPnp server on you network, hit the browser tab. Then select a song and it should play on your DAC.

The same is true for an IOS device, go to the Apple store : Download and install mConnect or mControl by Converse digital. Then in the application hit the Play to tab at the bottom. Then if your bridge shows up select it. Then press the player tab, and press the gear at the upper left and it will give you device information.  If you have a uPnp server on you network, hit the browser tab. Then select a song and it should play on your DAC.

Dennis

Thanks Dennis

I see psaudio_ug_r v2.7.1.1

This is the latest version? Recently when I installed my Bridge II I sort of reverse the order of setup instruction. So wanted to make sure I’ve the latest Bridge II firmware

It is the latest released version. I am testing versions that are attempting to fix DLNA issues with 2.7.11. If you are having issues and would like to test the latest version and have a Windows based system, email me at dennis@psaudio.com and I’ll point you to the details. If you are not having issues I would stay with 2.7.11.

Dennis

Dennis Kerrisk said ....
                            The same is true for an IOS device, go to the Apple store : Download and install mConnect or mControl by Converse digital. Then in the application hit the Play to tab at the bottom. Then if your bridge shows up select it. Then press the player tab, and press the gear at the upper left and it will give you device information.  If you have a uPnp server on you network, hit the browser tab. Then select a song and it should play on your DAC.

Dennis

I suspect this changed with mconnect release 2.0. Pressing the gear tab does not provide Bridge firmware version info There is a speaker in the right hand corner that provides some bridge info but not the firmware version.

Edit: just downloaded mconnect control (somehow different than mconnect player) and can find the bridge firmware version number by selecting the speaker in the upper right hand corner. It also shows a gapless toggle. Odd because it was selected off and gapless works perfectly on my Bridge II and has since I bought it. Any idea what that toggle means?

Thanks!

amsco15 said
Dennis Kerrisk said ....

Dennis

I suspect this changed with mconnect release 2.0. Pressing the gear tab does not provide Bridge firmware version info There is a speaker in the right hand corner that provides some bridge info but not the firmware version.

I am running version 2.2.1 on my android. And it is definitly shows it undevice information.

Dennis

Thanks for your response Dennis. Could be an iOS thing. See my edit. It works with mcontrol and not the mconnect player by selecting a speaker button and not the gear in mcontrol.