problem updating Bridge II

Could someone please advise what I should do to properly update Bridge II?

I have the foolowing problem, except for the fact that my network definitely working and sees the bridge, plays from Jriver. BUT ON THE BRIDGE SCREN IT’S 1.2.1 version GREEN no updates available.

peterrayner July 17, 2016 at 6:03 am #

Rate this
When we try to do this we’re seeing 1.2.1 as the current version, a green network button but n/a for update available. Given how old 1.2.1 is I doubt this is true. Is there something I can run to check whether the network really *is* working? I’ve read hints somewhere about downloading the update onto a clean USB and inserting it in the Bridge’s USB slot. Is this possible and are there instructions? Should I be sending this to support instead?
http://www.psaudio.com/ps_how/how-to-update-bridge-ii/

Thank you very much!

1.2.1 is not the latest bridge II firmware. 2.7.1 is the latest. Typically if it does not show an update is availible, there is an issue with the bridge network settings. For the update to work, the bridge II must have a valid Gateway and DNS set. Also it must be able to access the interenet because the update comes from FTP:updates.psaudio.com.

If you have a windows machine availible email me and I can send you a way to update from a windows machine.

Dennis

Hi Dennis

I updated the bridge II with the software you sent me, and did it via wifi, but still the screen is showing 0.0.0. Is this normal?

If it is on a DS it will say 0.0.0 and that is correct. If it is on a DSjr that is not correct.

Dennis