How not to convince your spouse that you need a P20

Ya got that right bunky!

1 Like

My wife takes a picture and busts my chops if there’s a new piece of gear when she does a comparison.

1 Like

life expectancy x 1000 >>>>BRILLIANT!

My daughter tells me that she is sure I’m gonna live at least until 99 :rofl:
Her next question: How old is Grandpa? Me: 79. Her: Oh, well at least 79 then :rofl:

Hold On-that just cost me $20k in lost upgrades !

Zero sum audio.

maybe practice up on your PhotoShop techniques…

I would have to edit her phone. She doesn’t really care that much. Our family business has been impacted by the COVID shut downs. So a new P20 would piss her off.

It will make your system sound better in not so subtle ways. Sadly, I paid $5800 for mine brand new including delivery. It was easier to justify at that price.

“How NOT to convince your spouse…”?
Well, I would think it would NOT be helpful to say that your hot neighbor thinks you should have one.

3 Likes

I just bought my P20 on my company Amex and when my wife asks what gear costs I say that it really doesn’t matter as it is all bought as tax deductible “business equipment” and has no impact on our personal finances so why would she want the pain of knowing. She seems happy with this reasoning for the moment.

4 Likes

I told my wife it is a surge protector and would protect her precious OLED TV.

The TV isn’t even plugged into it…

3 Likes

Hi @Jbearthma

If possible, you should power the TV with the P20 as well. While I don’t have an OLED, the picture quality on my Samsung Q9F increased noticeably after I plugged it into my P20.

In a nutshell, whenever I buy something for myself, I write her a check…equal to what I spent…

Eliminates resentment…(especially if she’ not working or making as much…)

Peaceful enjoyment…aahhhh…

Example might be…say you want to replace a TV…

how much would you pay Not to argue indefinitely, before and after, about getting the size/options you want…how much is peace (your sanity) worth?

(saves on Lawyers & Shrinks)…

“honey, it’s time to upgrade”…music to my ears…

2 Likes

I would agree with this statement. I bought two P3s just because the picture quality improved so much with my two OLED tvs. Works great also for projectors by the way.

1 Like