InnuOS 1.4.4 available

Just updated my Zenith MKII. Took only a few minutes. I’m using the Zenith as Roon core. Works fine so far.

I’m not using the experimental Squeezebox player (which got an update):

http://www.innuos.com/en/go/release-1-4-4

2 Likes

Just did mine. All is well.

1 Like

Many thanks Philipp
I only use the experimental Squezzeplayer, because it sounds so much better than all Roon modes.
With the update to 1.4.4 it now plays absolutely stable. No more dropouts during fast song changes.Perfect !
With the update my ZEN MK3 plays more three-dimensional and realistic. A very successful update!
The only thing I missing now is the fantastic usability of Roon.
Nevertheless, I will stay with the Squeezeplayer now even more.

4 Likes

I agree, I think it sounds better as well. Not dramatic, but better.

1 Like

Have to agree here. After updating there is obvious increment in realism and more transparent soundstage with better detail,impact and musical flow. Mostly streaming Tidal or Wav files and no Roon here. Nice !

2 Likes

Completely agree about Squeezebox being superior in sound quality to Roon support on the innuos.

I’ve just listened to Warm Love by Van Morrison using Roon server, Roon with Squeezebox (experimental) and then no Roon (Squeezebox only). Vans vocals had a sensitivity and emotion on the no Roon Squeezebox software that was beautiful and obvious. My wife (usually not bothered) noticed the difference and all I was doing was changing the innuos settings. I’m sticking with Squeezebox even though I have a lifetime subscription to Roon and miss it’s user experience.

4 Likes

Yup same here, I had Roon and liked everything else except sound was really bad so I cancelled my subscription. I noticed improvement with last update and this new 1.4.4 made it even better.

1 Like

I noticed the improvement. I don’t think Roon SQ is bad, it’s that Squeezebox (on innuos and my system anyway) is an obvious improvement. There are nuances and dynamics in the music on Squeezebox that add substantially to my enjoyment and which are flat (or missing - I can’t say) on Roon. My wife said it’s like the midrange (she called it the middle) is slightly suppressed.

I wish Roon (company) would acknowledge that there are improvements to be made. They are very defensive in public. I get why but they need to pay attention. It’s not difficult - set up a system that can switch between the two servers (SB & Roon). Keep everything else the same. Remove electrical interference (RFI) as much as possible. That’s what I did.

Sorry for the rant. I love the Roon interface and want to love the SQ too.

2 Likes

Your description of the Squeezebox player being better than any of the Roon modes reflects my experience. The latest innuos update to 1.4.4 seems to make it sound even better.

2 Likes

Anyone upgraded to 1.4.5 ?

Yes. Update worked fine, did not experience any difference in operation afterwards.