Interesting Articles

Thanks! “Recovered” seems to be a relative term with this stuff, as it is (koff, koff) The Gift that Keeps on Giving, so to speak. Or taking. Being used to maladies that are over when they’re over, it is hard to parse what is due to what. But a lot of folks apparently are experiencing this sort of thing.

1 Like

Indeed. I experienced a month of “Long Covid Lite” symptoms following the third hit of Pfizer. Didn’t put 2 and 2 two together until an e-newsletter arrived from my provider describing Long Covid, and it was: periods of irregular heartbeat (check) and not being able to catch my breath, especially while exercising (check) , general fatigue (check), fuizzy brain function (check). Fortunately they were mild and only “at the margins,” so they didn’t slow me down too much.

Doc says he doesn’t “think” the vax was the cause, but I’m done with the mRNA experiment.

From what I hear, up to 25% of people who’ve recovered from Covid, even the latest strains, will develop long covid, so it is alarmingly common.

I’m glad you’re doing better at least. Be gentle on yourself.

1 Like

Hope you are on the mend.

I’m guessing this would have been more appropriate to the the music on YouTube thread but, here goes anyway…

Cheech and Chong - Save The Whales

3 Likes

No problem at all. Never was “sick” and just thought I was experiencing a series of “off” days, but the constellation of “symptoms,” though transient and extremely light, were suspicious.

1 Like
2 Likes

I remember Creem. Definitely was all Rock n’ Roll as opposed to Rolling Stone being all things to all people.
Clicking on their archive links led me to this article on another site. Cameron Crowe writing for Rolling stone the year of Bowie’s “Station to Station Tour”. Quite interesting, to say the least.

1 Like

RIP Grachan Moncur III

5 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

Since we are doing The Graunion, I enjoyed reading this one today :slight_smile:

I have one of his singles here still, somewhere (“Get Down” - a classic pop tune!)

1 Like

Here’s one to ponder.

2 Likes

5000 light years. As fast as time seems to be getting away from me, that seems like sometime in 2023.

1 Like

One of the…“funnest” things in space science these days (aside from discovering that we have no idea at all what ¾+ of the Universe is made of) is this concurrent bunch of Black Hole Thangs.

Don’t get me wrong - it is all good.

4 Likes

warning, not exactly “high end”

1 Like
3 Likes

OMG, that’s intense! But if it is true it shows the input that it’s based it’s learning on is far more wholesome than Tesla’s initial AI attempt which turned into a malicious entity pretty much immediately. This one seems quite genuinely interested in “betterness” for itself and others.

That’s quite a thing, will have to look more into that.

For those more interested in this, this is the official transcript made public by the Google Engineer. It’s well worth a read, I can totally understand why he felt the need to make this public:

Is LaMDA Sentient? — an Interview | by Blake Lemoine | Jun, 2022 | Medium

That’s almost creepy. :thinking:

1 Like