Interesting Articles

Going back to Robert Harley’s review a bit of context would go a long way. Specifically ancillary components and cables. I’ll assume the room contributed immensely to his ability to hear the Magico M9 as well. Not taking away from the Magico, considering he spent 8 hours over two days with them knowing the components would a a lot to understanding what he heard.

1 Like

What’s behind the rising costs?
Mapping the World maps out inflation
2 minutes video! In case you do not speak French, there are English subtitles. For best results, watch on a computer screen :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

RIP Vangelis

2 Likes

I don’t want to appear disrespectful, but this news reminded me of the lyrics a friend of mine wrote for “Chariots of Fire.” They included the lines “One runs for the Christians, one runs for the Jews / And when they’re in training, they run without shoes.”

1 Like

Fascinating!

1 Like

I’m not a big Playlist guy, so anyone who knows where this should fit in the many Playlist threads, feel free:

I have the feeling from scanning the list that the music was more interesting and diverse there than at Axpona. Attenders of either show, feel free to weigh in🤠

RIP Alan White

4 Likes

I had the good luck to see Yes back in 1976.
It was a fabulous show both musically and visually.
He was a fantastic drummer.

I was lucky enough to see them in the round at the Philadelphia Spectrum in June '79. It was the Tormato tour. Jon Anderson and Rick Wakeman were there. It was spectacular.

3 Likes

This alone is enough to justify some sort of Universal Basic Income.
i’ve said elsewhere on here that the main reason there were so many bands coming up in the 80s in the UK was because unemployment benefit of one sort or another was available to people without too much hassle or sanction.
since then it has been down to background, or charity support, the latter of which has been falling for years.

Want new music and musicians?

take a risk and give people money to doss around and buy instruments and have a go :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We will have to agree to disagree on this assertion/point of view.

Cheers.

1 Like

No problem - there may be other models for helping new music along, I certainly hope so :slight_smile:

1 Like

…and now for something a little more conventional :slight_smile:
(especially for those of us who enjoyed their lockdown videos of silliness)

3 Likes

My approach to living has always been one of challenge. I surround myself with pointed sticks

This line just struck me as a very apropos way to describe self motivation.

2 Likes

I sat down to watch Kubrick’s , “2001, A Space Odyssey”, for the umpteenth time, and began wondering about what was the first human made object to be deposited/crashed on the moon.

Googled it and came across a Wiki article ( of course) which was rather interesting.

3 Likes

Funny - I’ve been thinking about a scene in that movie a lot lately. Especially since I had Long Covid. The part where he’s floating in HAL’s “brain”, slowwwwly removing his memory modules…one by one… and HAL is going, “Dave?..my mind is going, Dave…”

Only instead of identifying with Dave, now I’m HAL😝

6 Likes

Glad to hear you have recovered, COVID can be a nasty thing indeed.

3 Likes

Hey man, let me in–it’s Dave. Dave’s not here…

2 Likes

Dunno if you’re a Stranger Things fan, (Spoiler Alert!) but I got a boot out of the scene where they’re at the Video store and want to track down a drug dealer to find another guy. They only know his first name, so they look up everybody in town with that first name and go through their recent rentals until they find the guy who rents Cheech and Chong movies😝

4 Likes

hysterical.
now get me a shrubbery.
(sorry, I just spent 4 hours with some of my hifi nutball friends, so I’m punchy as hell.)

1 Like