Interesting Articles

Great article. Thanks.

here’s the set he played (available for another 6 days - might require a VPN?)

2 Likes

I hope it’s going to be released.

1 Like

See him if you can! Worth it.

6 Likes

Very cool

Best description for the obsession I’ve seen yet:

5 Likes

Herb

Herbingway

3 Likes

Nicely done! :wink:

Read this article and you’ll realize how little we understand about our past history and the capabilities of those who came before us.

There is no way this perfectly proportioned and polished to perfection 106,000 lbs granite tub was made by hand.

The Ancient Egyptians called me up, and they beg to differ.

3 Likes

From Twitter…

“Randomly on this subject, my (Egyptian) wife had never heard of Stonehenge when I mentioned it recently, so I showed her photos of it, assuming she’d recognize the look but not the name etc, and she was just like, this is pathetic, your ancestors were small and weak”

6 Likes

Cracking burn, Gromit! I like this girl😝

2 Likes

I don’t believe the pyramids were exclusively built with brute strength. I think we’ve yet to discover some of the advanced technologies they had at their disposal. Many of the ancient ruins would be almost impossible to build today even with our so-called modern techniques.

1 Like

The simplest explanation for any quandaries about the past (IMO) is that we tend to have no idea of and/or underestimate earlier tech. Not to mention the power of unimaginable disparities in a culture’s definitions of time and money.

If there’s a pharaoh or Tsar or an institution of some sort that can afford to pay lots of skilled and unskilled folks a living wage for as long as it takes to accomplish something, and people don’t think spending their whole lives doing it is an issue - the sky’s the limit. Not something that works in this country and in this time.

2 Likes

Staggering Implications
While it may be argued that modern man cannot impose a modern perspective on artifacts that are thousands of years old, an appreciation of the level of precision found in these artifacts is lacking in archaeological literature and is only revealed by an understanding what it takes to produce this kind of work. As an engineer and craftsman, who has worked in manufacturing for over 40 years and who has created precision artifacts in our modern world, in my opinion this accomplishment in prehistory deserves more recognition . Nobody does this kind of work unless there is a very high purpose for the artifact. Even the concept of this kind of precision does not occur to an artisan unless there is no other means of accomplishing what the artifact is intended to do. The only other reason that such precision would be created in an object would be that the tools that are used to create it are so precise that they are incapable of producing anything less than precision. With either scenario, we are looking at a higher civilization in prehistory than what is currently accepted. To me, the implications are staggering.

2 Likes
4 Likes

We could add pineapples, mozzarella, pizza sauce and we’d have sort of Hawaiian pizza :grin:

3 Likes
1 Like