Is a P10 Adviseable?

Hi folks,

I am considering purchasing a P10 for use on my system. The system consists of the following pieces: 2 each Mc1201 mono amps, 1 each Bryston 4BSST, 1 each Bryston 6BSST, 1 each JL f212 powered sub, MX-150 processor, and maybe six other low power source components and a Lumagen video processor.

At one time I had all of this running off a single 15 amp circuit and, other than seeing the lights dim when the system was powered on, never tripped the breaker due to overload during listening or viewing sessions because I live in a townhome neighborhood and want to keep the peace with my wall-sharing neighbors. Since then, I have installed a couple of dedicated 20A circuits using 10AWG wire to prevent the lights from dimming on turn-on and make me feel better about things.

My questions are two:

1. The ambient noise level in my listening room is a measured 35 dBA. Is the P10 dead quiet" in operation at low output power levels or will there be audible noise generated by the P10 including 60hz transformer hum or other internal sources?

2. Will the 1200VA continuous or 1500VA short term be enough to power the system considering the fact that I never push the system to its limits? If not, what of the loads I identified above would you recommend not attaching to the P10.

Thanks for any insight you may have!

jkeifer3@hotmail.com said Hi folks,

My questions are two:

1. The ambient noise level in my listening room is a measured 35 dBA. Is the P10 dead quiet" in operation at low output power levels or will there be audible noise generated by the P10 including 60hz transformer hum or other internal sources?

2. Will the 1200VA continuous or 1500VA short term be enough to power the system considering the fact that I never push the system to its limits? If not, what of the loads I identified above would you recommend not attaching to the P10.

Thanks for any insight you may have!

Yes, the P10 is dead quiet. We spend a lot of money buying the quietest transformers made and in 99% of circumstances they are dead quiet.

And yes, I think you’ll be fine with that load.

Thanks Paul for the quick response. Many consider the Plitron “LONO” technology pretty good as far as mechanical noise levels are concerned.

One other question that I couldn’t find an answer to: What is “white glove” delivery? I am assuming some sort of “inside” delivery rather than dropping the box at the curb but I could be wrong.

Thanks again!

See http://www.psaudio.com/white-glove-delivery/ .

Magister, thanks for the link!