Is there consensus? P3 to BKH250 or.... to all the sources?

I did initially have everything plugged into the P20. Taking advice from Paul’s book, “The Audiophile’s Guide” I finally split my system around the room. Initially, I had all my equipment on a rack between the speakers. Everything was plugged into the P20 at that point. When I had my room wired with the two additional 20 amp lines, I had the second line split with two outlets, one on the back wall between the speakers, like the first line and then also along a side wall. I planned to one day move all the source equipment to the side. Reading Paul’s book was the nudge to have me finally move most of my equipment from between the speakers, twenty years later! Once I had done that, I bought the P15 for the source equipment. This is all now on the second dedicated outlet.
Certainly one P20 would be enough for most systems. Previously, I had my amps on one circuit with the P10 and the source equipment plugged into a P5 on the other circuit, when everything was still on the one rack between the speakers. Once the P20 came out, it was time to upgrade (again).

This was my system at the time before it I rearranged it.

This was after.

7 Likes

Awesome setup. Touchwood.

Beautiful system! Thanks for posting.

I owned those very Tyler Acoustic speakers (owned three different pairs of his speakers) at one point in the not so distant past. Those things image like crazy!! Enjoyed them very much. Tyler is having some issues these days. Suffered through very serious heart problems. His site and facebook page haven’t seen many updates. Hope he’s well. A super guy to deal with. Drove down to his place in Ownesburg Kentucky (think he’s moved since) to swap speakers once. I order a pair of his speakers in Maple and my tiny sweetheart hated them. He swapped them out for cherry without hesitating.

Agree with your thoughts about the speakers. Now that I’ve moved the source equipment and used Paul’s book and SACD to fine tune their placement, the imaging, particularly the depth is outstanding.

I also hope Ty is well. I met him years ago at a stereo show in the Detroit area. He sold me on the D-10’s since he was demoing them at the show. I let my wife pick the finish (one of the rosewood options). As it turned out, he wound up personally delivering them to my home in Ohio. I cannot think of any better customer service than having the head of the company deliver and fine-tune placement of the speakers.

1 Like