JRiver 19 > DirectStream No DirectStream ASIO Option

I wonder why I do not get the ASIO option to select when configuring JRiver for the DirectStream. Screen shot to follow Thursday morning.

JRiver-19-Screenshot-8-21-14.jpg

Are you using the latest JMC (19.0.136)? I have it and I get the ASiO option as well as WASAPI. I use the DS/Bridge through the Medi Centre on JR so these setting have no effect. When I use them to play music on my PC, I cannot tell the difference between ASIO & WASAPI.

Yes, latest stable version of 19 v.146? However, I stream via USB. Perhaps that is why no ASIO? Thank you for helping me.

19.0.136 is the latest version, although it is not the stable version, I have had zero issues with it and ASIO works for me via USB. I’m on a PC, windows7.

Shiloh the Golden Retreiver said Yes, latest stable version of 19 v.146? However, I stream via USB. Perhaps that is why no ASIO? Thank you for helping me.
What version of windows are you running? The ASIO driver is not built into windows until Windows 7. Earlier versions of windows need a 3rd party ASIO driver.

Dennis

Win 7 Premium

JR 20 ASIO no problems for me.

I prepaid for JR 20 upgrade but have not received notice it was available. Is it?

PS: It is! If it wasn’t for your post I may have gone months without knowing. After all, one cannot expect JRMC to actually notify the prepaid subscribers when version 20 became available for download.

AND - I do have JR ASIO option but not a PSA/DS ASIO option - just PSA/DirectStream WASPI, Kernel, or Direct Sound. I opted for DS/WASPI.

They were waiting for a stable version to tell the peeps who purchased. I got my email today. If you still have JR 18 installed and get ASIO options with that, try upgrading to 20 from 18.

I have a Music Vault M7 that I am using as the source into the DS before it goes to my Ref 5SE preamp and then to a Bat VK 600 SE with the new Caps from the 655 SE all through SR cabling and then to Vandersteen Sevens. The Vault has JRiver 19 and I just ordered 20 although can’t download it yet. My question to the experts here is could someone provide me all the settings in JRiver for the DS. I upgraded from the PW DAC ii and after reading some posts here think maybe the MV and J River may not be set up properly for the DS. I see lots of info on Mac software but not much on using a Windows based system. Any help would be appreciated.

The only way I know how to stream spotify/ or other streaming services is to use jamcast from a PC.

Dennis

richfieldhunter said My question to the experts here is could someone provide me all the settings in JRiver for the DS.
Tho not a direct answer to your question there are some relevant articles in the How To section of the site:

If you can reliably send audio to the DS and (if you want to) if you can play DSD then your JRiver setup is close:

How to run a bit perfect test with DirectStream talks about how to test that you have a configuration capable of sending bit perfect audio to the DS.

How to setup JRiver 19 for DSD playback helps with the DSD part.