Just pulled trigger on Axpona no show special

Ow. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sorry friend …just sometimes I feel the silly bone aching at something to do…
I’ll try to bee have myself…somehow…

Okay guys help me stay on topic a’fore I muff up with more muffins.
Oh my how did I get from P12 regenerators to muffins oh my…
Is there any cure?

I bought the P20 With the Axpona show price special too. I was also able to get a trade in for my P10. My P20 arrived today. I have to wait another week for my Shunyata Alpha NR V2 20 amp power cable to arrive. For now, I will use the 15 amp Tempo Electric I have. This is my 4th PS Audio regenerator. I have a P5 on the AV rack, and a P5 on the analog rack. The P20 will be powering McIntosh MC2301 tube amps with B&W N800 speakers.

I am definitely powering it up tonight. Can’t wait.

analogmeister…you got a job now friend…and that sir is
please give us your thoughts and experience with your
new P20…as for me I would have preferred a P15 to P12
but my lower back challenges had to go with P12 replacing P5.

So please don’t forget to share your thoughts and experiences
Thanks Analoguemeister

1 Like

@davida,

That’s a job I gladly will accept😀. I also have a bad back, had hip surgery (Torn labrum) this past Nov and still learning how to walk, with knee pain now. But, I will kindly ask my younger wife to help me slide it to and down the steps. Once it’s in the basement I can unpack and slide it into place with drop cloths. I Learned a lot getting old and banged up in order to enjoy the hobby. Maybe, just maybe, it was all of that Army stuff I did for nearly 30 years in total. More to follow this evening.

I’m new to paying attention to PSA but my question to James or even owners of these PSA regenerators is what is a typical % of total 2ch system cost that the regenerator comprises in a typical buyer’s system? 20% ? 30%? More? Any ballpark observations that you Have seen in helping folks assemble systems? I get that it’ll vary for everyone but maybe a typical range? Thx (apologies for asking in middle of thread)

Blessings friend…thank you for taking me up on your new job offer…
pre map how to make sure P20 box has safe gentle slide down the
stairs…I was fortunate to have a friend drive 90 miles roundtrip to
unbox and place my 77lb Arias in their present position. A bumb back
aint no fun.

Thank you for your many years of faithful service …

Military life isn’t kind to bodies. Thanks for your sacrifice.

Very good question, and quite interesting. To be honest, it’s really all across the board. I talk to some that have close to 50-60% focused on power. Depending on the amp’s needs, more than one regen could be needed. One for source, one for amps.

If I really had to quantify what is see the most, it’s probably right around 30% to maybe 40% cost. This doesn’t include cost of speakers, because that can be an even bigger range.

kzk welcome to the thread…It never occured to me to figure out the percent
in terms of total system price in mine about 18-20%…but given the very wide
range of audiophile systems hard to say…

The value added by a regenerator is a very worthy addition for any enthusiast’s
system!!!

Thank you for asking

analoguemeister…you have 72 hours to file a report…your observations
on P20’s contribution to your system’s performance :grin:

Yes sir! Unpacking now…SITREP to follow.

Yaaay…now whats a sitrep :thinking:

Situation report.

Thanks elk, appreciate it

1 Like

Holy cow,not even warmed up, P20 or all tube stuff, this thing just played great cold along with my tubes, which I normally give about 25 minutes to warm up, with only 5 minutes on all…it’s crazy that I get such a holographic image and spaciousness when not even warmed up. I know what my system sounds like with the P10 and warmed up, it’s great, but man, the P20 is killing it cold, and my tubes are just now warming up.

All I can say, yes, this brings out the depth of the music so much more than with the P10, it’s obvious to me on my sampled music on vinyl, Al Dimeola Project, soaring though a dream, the guitar and piano are so vibrant in this album. I thought my system was high resolution before, but this adds more of what the P10 brought to the table, which by its own right, is no slouch. I have enjoyed many hours and years with the P10, and I know my system very well…this was definitely a step up in what the P10 offers, depth, spaciousness, and an uncanny sense of realism to the music. I am not sure what’s at play here, but same cables, same system, only the swap of the P10 to the P20. I am really not sure the Shunyata’s Alpha NR V2 can improve anything more. I have a custom made Tempo Electric Big Twist power cable with Furutech rhodium connectors and silver coated copper cable, it’s wonderful.

As I write this, the system is warming up more, and the tubes are reaching optimal temps for music, and again, more surprises. Voices emanate from a space within the soundstage which is just enchanting, perhaps I have used that before. The new series is definitely worth it, but the P10 was also geat and if someone were to get one, you would happy, just don’t listen to a P20 side by side, because it is definitely better. Some pics for you all. https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/dJGnj4pdQeqgRVDSgs5TNg.LfKQjaRq63AM3lg3INfNYj

1 Like

You guys are so lucky, having so much fun with the Axpona special.
I am up here in Canada, I cannot even “see” the special on the website.

It was only for a few days before the end of March.

Up here in the Great White North. The PS Audio website do not
show prices at all. We are not allowed to buy or take advantage of the
generous trade in program.