Has anyone compared these two DACs? I’ve been told that they sound about the same but the Mk1 is more robust against power voltage variations. I had a version 1 transformers APS Mk1 with external power supply which I traded for a Version 1 APS transformers Mk2 which broke on me so now I’m getting the Limited Edition Signature Version Plus Mk1.
What happened to your Version 1 APS transformers Mk2?
I recall reading elsewhere that when comparing the Mk1 to the Mk2, with both having the latest upgrades, the Mk2 had a slight advantage.
It stopped working. It stopped making sound. I traded it for a Limited Edition Signature Series Plus Mk1.
I heard that they both sound alike but the Mk1 is more stable to ac voltage variations and I was told that the Mk1 rarely needed reboots but the Mk2 needed reboots once or twice per month. It was the more stable to power issues that sold me for the Mk1.
You won’t be disappointed in your decision.
Ugh
Do you know what went wrong?
Apparently something burnt out and there was a short.
I get my Llmited Edition Signature Series Plus Mk1 tomorrow September 15 before noon. It’s 2 days early. I am excited for this DAC.
I’m an hour or two away from my new LESS+ Mk1! Yesterday it was stuck in customs inspection all day. I was a little nervous about that because the DAC is packed like new.
I’m getting good sound. I bypassed the Keces completely and have all the digital and the preamp on the Hydra 6 and my amp goes directly to the wall. I have 3 dedicated lines at the wall and my third dedicated line has a Hydra 2 going to my Silver Fox headphone amp.
The sound with 20 hours on my new DAC is amazing!