Lindemann Has Discovered A New Way To Process Digital Music

I was reading a review of their Lindemann’s Music Player and I saw this:

In terms of technology the musicbook:10 DSD is definitely way ahead of the competition. Using a sophisticated recalculation all digital audio signals are converted into DSD 128/256, a data format which is highly esteemed by audiophiles worldwide. Thus the actual digital-analog conversion is reduced to a mere filtering of the DSD signal. This completely new approach is the secret behind the musicbook’s exceptionally good sound.

I wonder where this idea was born?

A truly brilliant idea. As we have all long known.

This has been touted as the superiority of the DSD recording medium since the introduction of SACD almost twenty years ago; a 1-bit signal is directly captured and requires only a lowpass filter to reconstruct the original analog waveform.

2 Likes

Yep, I started the DSD DAC project based on the early SACD liner notes… I was always amazed at the number of people that thought it was just marketing or technically BS.

Imitation is the highest form of flattery!

I remember reading articles by Andreas Koch early on and being fascinated by the concept. It felt to me, and still does, like the waveform is simultaneously digital and analog. It is a bit like light being both a particle and a wave. :slight_smile:

So true. That there is profound, Mr. Elk!

In parallel or maybe before the psaudio/ Ted project, around year 2000, Sharp built a digital amplifier, the sm-sx100, which had pcm and sacd digital input, converted all to dsd64, ampified the pulse train and had a passive 100 khz filter. There is a stereophile review explaining. In some ways, this is a kind of a predecessor of the psaudio dac way. At 15k$ is was expensive. Somebody here who has heard it?