Looking for a tube preamp for my bhk250

Hi my frends, i have a bhk 250 amp conect directo my directstream dac with my legacy audio focuse se speakears, i love tube sound i need analoge , becuase whe have only digital source , i love vinyls i have a turntable, i cant use because i dont have preamp and phono preamp, the bhk preamp is the option, but i look other tube amp, like primaluna evo 400 preamp , the rogue audio rp9 preamp, mcintosh c22 mkv5 , i saw the new nad m66 preamp, but i have no expirience with preamp, i like to have your opinion , to match my bhk 250, i look all analogue preamp with vacum tube, i will apreciate yours advice thanks alfredo

I’m a believer in system synergy with components and cables.
All the others that you mentioned are excellent choices but you would probably be best served by the synergy of the two BHK components together,

1 Like

Supratek Chardonnay or Cabernet and Icon Audio LA-4 Mk III would be where I would start and I’ve owned and sold the BHK preamp.

Thanks for the advice

Price range?

5,000 to $9,000

I have a BHK preamp which works very well with my BHK 250. I like the combination of tubes and solid state that the 250 provides. An all-tube amp can sound wonderful but is a very different animal. If you like the 250, adding a tube preamp like BHK will give you some very good sound!

1 Like

I’d consider a Cary slp-05.

3 Likes

I am very happy with my Aesthetix Calypso Signature. I bought it before the BHK Pre came out and use it with the PSA DirectStream Mac Mk 2 and the BHK 250 amp. I have a Manley Chinook Phono pre but I am trying to decide whether to go with the Aesthetix Janus Pre or Mimas to reduce the boxes in the living room. You can find the Calypso used for approx. $2500 and the Signature approx. $4000 used. I had mine upgraded to Signature by Aesthetix.

4 Likes

New or used?

While not tube, well known to have a tube sound:

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Very nice:

2 Likes