M1200 and P3

Currently using M700’s plugged into my P3. Very happy with it.
So happy that i now have a pair of m1200’s on the way that ill likely replace the M700 with.
Can i plug the M1200 into the P3.
Sure hope so because availabe outlets are becoming an issue
Thank you
Really appreciate this community

1 Like

Congrats on the M1200’s!! I have the BHK Preamp, and had them feeding the M700 before upgrading to the M1200. While I liked the M700 a lot, and they’re good amps, the M1200’s really open up nicely. I have the P12 powering my system, so I can’t comment on the capacity of the P3. The answer might depend on how easy/difficult it is to power your speakers and the volume you listen to if the speakers are tough to drive. But the M1200’s require only a little more wattage than the M700, and since the M700’s seem to be working good, I would guess that the M1200’s would work good also.

1 Like

You will love the improvement over the M700’s. The M1200’s are also class D amps so in my opinion will work fine with P3. Maybe @jamesh or @DarrenMyers could chime in.

2 Likes

Thank you both for taking the time

2 Likes

I currently have my M1200s plugged into the 2 HCs on the P3…very pleased. I have a couple of REL S/812 class D subs, and recently plugged a PST into it as well. All blue lights except for a fraction of a second when the everything awakes from stand-by. Good luck!

3 Likes