M1200 Coming Soon

I told him he needed to keep one for in his car but don’t know if he did.

I’d guess $2500 per piece.

At sane power levels, the M1200s are stable down to 2 ohms. I haven’t tested below that…yet. Either way, they can provide incredible amounts of clean power without breaking a sweat.

I’ll leave it to the official release or Paul to chime in concerning retail prices.

2 Likes

Concerning BHK Phono -

Yes, it’s going to be an absolute reference level component. I am really looking forward to helping Bascom develop this beast!

When it comes to prices, lets not jump to any conclusions yet. Right now I don’t have a good idea where the price will be but one can assume that if it is an Obsidian that it will be priced above the PerfectWave line.

I am guessing $3k each. Not firm, but that’s my best guess.

1 Like

Not wanting to bother PSA staff with daily questions, like are the M1200s for sale yet? I went to the Product page; and no, they are not offered yet. I will check again tomorrow (well, I could wait 2 days). :slight_smile:
Chas

As to sound quality, is there any area where m1200 exceeds BHK stereo 250? Or is BHK stereo 250 superior in every facit? Asking because price is so close.

Chas - 5 days ago you said Paul said two months…:man_shrugging:t2:

I would say it depends what you like or need. As with any other component of similar cost. Different type of amp. More power, certainly. How that interacts with your speakers can in itself be significant sonically.

There’s no replacement for displacement (or power) :grin:

Are you saying this amp sounds better than your BHK line, both the 250 and 300 monoblocks?

You don’t actually expect him to answer that? He’s not you, and that is for reviewers and individuals to decide.

He could answer it one way or another, and be completely wrong for YOU and your system.

Actually he already did, just wanted confirmation, because it sounds too good to be true. Also if true, could it mean the end of the BHK line?

Not at all. Different animals. More choice :cowboy_hat_face:

And if you read the quote carefully, he never said one is better than another.

Can you please give specifics (model #s, exact names, et.) of the tube(s) you recommend over th PS stock tube that will be installed in the M1200 mono amps.
Thanks,
twablt

I get a little nervous when I read statements like the one Paul made claiming it’s one of the best sounding amps they’ve made, thinking my one year old BHK 250 is about to become obsolete.

I have one personal experience, putting the linear NOS RCA’s in the earlier alpha iteration of the amps. So I don’t have any experience with what will be the production product yet. Darren mentioned that it will reflect the character of the tubes you put in, along the lines you would generally expect. Again, a matter of personal taste and system synergy.

Again - different animals. The BHK is a BHK. Bascom’s work will continue to be a reference into the future, and ALSO is, and will remain, “one of the best sounding amps they’ve made”. That won’t suddenly become untrue.

2 Likes

Thanks.
I communicated to Darren to consider installing the BEST sounding tube he approves of at the point of manufacture so as to avoid tube rolling after purchase.

That is not possible in the context of designing for a company and to a price point. You have to make choices, and as such the product is voiced around the PS Vanes, which are not slouches. If I’m not mistaken, that is what comes in the BHKs.

It was a decision that was made a while back, and is a done deal.

Most folks would view the fact that you can tube roll these as an advantage over other amps, much as you can with any tubed product.