M700's and Rel subwoofers

@amsco15 Which one of the Pass Labs amps did you buy? I plan on upgrading the M700’s and am looking at the X250.8 (Stereo) or X260.8 (monos). I had a conversation with Mark at Reno Hifi where he recommended the X250.8 for my setup. He mentioned that it sounds similar to the XA 60.8.
Thanks

Well, I’m glad you asked. My tiny sweetheart is sure sick of hearing about it. Based upon rack space, heat (370 watts of heat per amp) and wanting mono blocks, I limited myself to XA60.8 or X260.8 and chose the X260.8s. I’ll never know if that was the optimal choice but whatever. I made the safe choice based upon 34watts class A (some say 45) and much more AB if needed. My room is pretty large and I aspire to Magico S3 mkiis if I survive at work another year or so.

I’m pretty sure I’ll like them but suppose you never know. I have an XP-22 pre and am in love with it! I’ve owned a heck of a lot of really nice pre-amps and my XP-22 is magic (prove that with some kind of objective measurement).

I know Mark at Reno (now Phoenix) HiFi has a pair of new X260.8s in stock. Don’t think he’s marking off of list (given how we broke “normal”), it might have been me. I bought a demo pair from a dealer in Florida. They’re supposed to arrive tomorrow. Hard to believe they’ll show up on Easter but who knows? I also know there’s a used pair of X260.8s on Audio Mart. I looked hard at those too.

2 Likes

Thanks. I have allowed myself till the end of the year to make the purchase. Either the X250.8 or the 260.8’s. Unless something else comes along in between.

1 Like

Happy Cake Day!

1 Like

Happy Cake Day!

1 Like

I have a 250.8 running Wilson’s and Dyn. Hard to go wrong with Pass. Beefy, detail and power not to mention quality. It’s all about how she does in your system but I bet you would be happy with either.

Good luck…

This is correct and exactly how I have my T7x wire to my M700s

I know it is. But his mind was made up.

Well it’s here for future inquisitive members now.

1 Like