Magico Magic (and unrelated matters)

My take is, if you’re so wealthy, how hard is it to be a nice, modest, person?
I’ll leave it alone now, just a pet peeve.

1 Like

Brilliant!

Some people are wealthy and they buy bling to show off…I don’t have time for them
Some people are wealthy and they buy bling to enjoy and appreciate …good for them

Whether they inherit the money or earn it…none of my business

Happy Holidays everyone!

I never talk about my mountain of gold, or my extreme good looks. I just suffer silently.

4 Likes

You know I am taking it too far. now I am just trying to offend. Do you really think “anyone” acts that way? Someone just upset me with the pictures originally. I do have a right to privacy after all. I can certainly understand if it is hard to gather. I have some nice stereo/theater gear. I really don’t do anything else. Never go to a movie/concert ETC. So in essence it was a good investment I suppose. Can’t we just talk about some audio stuff?

Don’t worry about what anyone think. You have nice gears, just enjoy them.
Please yourself, thats the bottom line.

Rich or poor aside, let’s talk about how this PS Audio gear fit’s in. If you put this PS Audio gear in a cheaper system, it makes the cheaper system sound much better. If you put it in context of a costlier system, the costlier system makes the PS Audio gear sound much better. Great gear will always sound great. I have the money to buy an Esoteric dac, but as someone said, if it’s not broken, don’t try to fix it. Right now, I’m enjoying the heck of what I’m hearing so that’s the bottom line.
Merry Christmas everyone!

2 Likes

you, sir are a funny man.

1 Like

2 Likes

You know what? Say what you want. Unless you are talking about the “Grandioso” Esoteric does not make a 100% better DAC than the DSS IMO. Trust me I have heard just about everything there is to. Now I am trying to talk about something somewhat on topic and not all this nonsense surrounding myself. Who cares what my finances are. If I came in here begging you would hate me more. I assure you of that.

You can be “rich” too! I do not know of a DAC under 30 grand that can flat out “smoke” the DSS. Trade in your lousy gear and get it for nothing then. PS Audio is an industry leader in that sense. The DSS now with Windom is no slouch. Albeit half broken yet again but still.

The DSS is a bargain in the audio world. I am scared how good the TSS Dac will be.

I’m sorry if you think that I am political, I am not. I love audio and that is all I want to talk about. I just want to get information to help with my system and give what I can to help others with theirs. Thank you for giving me your experience on these other DACs when compared to the DSS. I believe you. The DSS is the first DAC I encountered that I found is musical. And all these mods like the Matrix 2 and Sbooster only made it better. I have no intentions on getting the “Grandioso” as it is a bit over the top for the rest of my system. I was more thinking about the Esoteric D-02, but after hearing what you have to say, forget it, I am perfectly happy with the DSS.

You are assuming we are not rich! Why talk about finances, constantly? Even when you say you won’t!
You are certainly a hard case.

Gee whiz. What the heck did I say? Can’t you folks drop it? I understand I offended some. It was in fact my intent. Due to the pictures issue. It went too far. Please leave it alone already.

If anyone owns a DSS, be very happy with it. It is a very solid DAC. Few can completely beat it. I will be honest and say 6-7 grand is not cheap. The DSS is not a toy.

I just don’t want the TSS until it is more mature. I can wait instead of pull my last hair out.

You are oblivious!

Sir, what is with you?

Merry Happy Holidays

3 Likes

Fun little feedback loop we have going here.

Merry happy Holidays all.

Folks, I have a serious issue. My hubris did myself in this time. I am sure everyone feels very sorry for me. I bought more or less a “super computer” in my usual style of over kill. To do complex audio DSP rendering. An I7 would have sufficed. It is so loud it is useless for audio in the same room. The question is why though? Why so many fans? It is all liquid cooled. It still needs 26 fans? It will not let you slow them below 50% rpm which is about 3000rpm! I am very unhappy with myself right now. Go have a good laugh at me. I just lost the price of a small home.

I’m trying to let go! Lol.