MBL - really really odd advert. Ya gotta process it

Stereotypes continually get one in trouble: Germans have no sense of humor, British cuisine is an oxymoron, etc.

2 Likes
1 Like

As far as Germans and comedy, I recently entered two of my short films into a film festival in Bavaria, so that will be a litmus test to see if they have any sort of a sense of humor.

I did like the MBL logo’d carpeting but was confused what those silver discs Given as gifts were about. Was it some sort of antique, like an Edison wax cylinder or rotary dial telephone?

That’s not a joke, it’s the truth.

What’s an ascot? Are you talking about the thing around his neck? I would call it a cravate. People from Ascot would pronounce that “crevette”, which is altogether different.

Hey, MBL! What’s with the 70’s gold plastic accents and flying saucer CD transport? What are you trying to distract your customers from noticing? Perhaps the price tag?

It’s like they’ve resto-rodded a Ford Pinto on the outside hoping you don’t lift the hood.

Harsh, I know, but it’s easy/fun/stupid to pick on a brand one knows nothing about.

-Tom

What about audiophiles? No sense of humor? No sense of musical taste? LOL
I think all of us have a bit of that guy in the commercial in us, except we fuss over power cables instead, LOL

2 Likes

Speak for yourself.

1 Like

Since we’re on the subject, does anyone else hear a crackling at 3:01 and 3:02 on Pie Jesu from Requiem by John Rutter? I have the Reference Recordings HDCD RR-57DC compact disc. I hear a crackling thru speakers even at low volume and also thru headphones.

To me, their speakers are beautiful but their components, not so much. I’m just not into those gaudy gold knobs.

1 Like