MBL - really really odd advert. Ya gotta process it

Hmmmm… maybe its the ascot …

Peace
Bruce in Philly

1 Like

He’s been listening to too much Jimmy Hendrix and Pete Townshend!

Totentanz - the dance of death - reminds me of Claes Bang playing a certain Count Dracula recently.

Someone will be dancing on the grave of MBL’s creative director in the near future.

1 Like

This is truly bizarre. For someone with a piano, when he starts playing air piano his left hand goes off in the wrong direction, plus how does he play the piano with a marble bust of Schubert sitting on top of it? Presumably he gets his wife to hold it whilst he plays. He seems to have her well trained.

2 Likes

Clearly a commerical to capture @aangen’s attention:

4 Likes

A looong video for a tiny, obvious punchline. Ugh.

I knew better, but I still watched it. Stupid Elk.

8 Likes

I watched it to the end as well. 5 min and 28 secs of my life…poof!

3 Likes

The Germans are not known for their sense of humour, Beethoven etc… but the Swiss are legendary. I was once in a bar in Basel and had a bet we could make the waiter laugh. He stood there for half an hour, like a stone. So I searched “Nagra” on google to see what the Swiss could come up with and found this. It’s not hifi, it’s a lady called Pragya Nagra, I think she’s selling scmutters.

Germans have a tremendous sense of humor, especially satire and irony, even slapstick. Large cities, such as Berlin, have many comedy clubs.

What are they saying? That their target audience are effete snobs?

1 Like

Only if the MBL has a fancy power cable. :rofl: …Inside joke with Al.

4 Likes

I likely would have chalked it up to a being a cheap, loudness wars-era remaster.

The Germans can be quite funny in my opinion.

2 Likes

I really would not want to be long to any club that would have him as a member.

1 Like

I have more memories of Germans trying and failing to be funny.

I did once go round Cairo on a horse with a German girl called Uschi, which I think required a sense of humour. I think we were RUI. I have no recollection where she found the horse.

The disparity between MBLs quality of products and the quality of their marketing is large. Thankfully the products don’t mimic the marketing.

3 Likes

I get it. Funny really.

1 Like

You should really rock the ascot while listening to them. You’ve earned it!:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

The guy has issues…
His wife is like his mother.

That’s what I got out of it lol.

1 Like

Well Son of an Apricot Yeah More Carly Simon
Perhaps