McIntosh MC901 - Dual Mono Amp - Solid State+Tube! Looks amazing!

Came across a review of MC901, looks like the BEST of BOTH WORLDS and I am so intrigued by this!

Best amplifier ever? McIntosh Mc901 impressions - YouTube

I think the implementation is flawless, looks like a great way to bi-amp your setup and play around with cross-over to your liking! Absolute BEAST TOO!

I’d LOVE to own something like this, but in a smaller, lighter package. If they made one, or if PS Audio made one, I’d be all over it! Kudos to McIntosh to even attempt such unique approach!

If anyone’s had a chance to audition these, pls add your impressions!

MC901 Top

2 Likes

I posted about this a few months ago. A dealer near me has a pair real beasts.

1 Like

Here’s the Audio Dealer near me, Audio Excellence:

Un-boxing Video

1 Like

Looks cool.
Weighs 170 pounds!!!

For the minimalist, certainly…

2 Likes

LOL… totally, I’d buy one half the power and half the size!

MOAA Mother Of All Amplifiers.

2 Likes

How would you move that thing around?

That would the MC2KW is the MOAA 450 lbs shipping weight capable 2k continuous WPC and 8k peaks.

You don’t!!! LOL!!!

1 Like

That’s the issue. It’s great for ones with deep pockets and massive audio rooms but not for majority of other. Give me the same functionality, a solid state of 300W, a Tube of 100W around 50 pounds and I’m all in. I seriously haven’t heard better mid and highs than best Tubes, and better bass than with best solid states. So a combo could literally be the perfect amplifier. Key is cross over and matching harmonics which they might have been able to manage.

2 Likes

McIntosh MC2KW

McIntosh MC2KW McIntosh MC2KW McIntosh MC2KW McIntosh MC2KW McIntosh MC2KW

McIntosh MC2KW

$79,995

Brand McIntosh

Yeah…maybe for the sultan of brunei

Kinda looks like a toaster

1 Like

The MacPro Cheese Grater would seem to be a perfect matched music server, from a kitchen appliance and price point of view.

1 Like