Michael Fremer takes note of the PS Audio NuWave Phono Converter at RMAF

http://www.analogplanet.com/how-is-ted-coding-the-fpgaent/ps-audios-nuwave-pcmdsd-phono-converter-production

Was just looking at that…

Did you hear any news on the Wyred ms3?

Melbourne hifi show is this weekend… Can’t wait.

@stereophilus

I was left behind at the last minute. Consequently, I did not get to chat up the W4S boys.

The Federal partial shutdown factored into RMAF staffing budget. The show was a great success for the people I make cables for but attendance was definitely affected by the Federal unpaid furloughs.

Glad that Paul’s unit got noticed by the demi-god Fremer and that a review is underway.

I have been meaning to tell you that my girlfriend lived in Eastern Australia for 10+ years.

D’oh #-o we keep getting news on the shutdown, but nothing seems to be getting resolved…

I presume the new model compares favorably with the pet?

My wife was at the APE Comic-Con this weekend (Alternative Press Expo hosted by the same guys that host San Diego Comic-Con) and sales were down from last year we think because of the shutdown. Customers just weren’t buying.

She’s starting her Kickstarter on Wednesday – I hope there’s enough interest to get the last 3 issues funded and produced.

Edit: Sorry, don’t mean to hijack the thread, just wanted to point out the shutdown is affecting all of us.

Sigh.

If Fremer doesn’t have a pwd and decent I2S cable is he really going to get a sense of the design idea and how it was voiced?

(The shut down is grim, the looming default is a real risk for the rest of us indirectly connected to the US economy.)

The United States is being held hostage by a couple dozen mindless crazies and much of the world ends up paying for it.

Michael really should have a PWD to go with the NWD even if he does have a more expensive DAC in his system. And PowerBases to go with them and a P5 to feed then through AC12 power cables. And… :smiley:

J.P.

@wingsounds13

Or an alternate theory: one mindless crazy!

I can suggest to Michael what he needs but it’s up to him to decide. I believe he’s going to be using it more for USB which, if he has a good cable, should be just fine.

streets still works said: Edit: Sorry, don't mean to hijack the thread, just wanted to point out the shutdown is affecting all of us

Not at all, it is often these related side-trips that make the threads on this forum interesting.

:smiley:

Aye. I, of course, never go off topic. :^o