More font issues

Long term Minimalist user here.

I was using a blue theme that was very PS Audio looking and otherwise rather similar to minimalist, but my favorite theme is gone now. The current blue theme is not as appealing, perhaps because the blue is more pastel rather than the more saturated PS Audio blue… This leaves me with minimalist which is a close second. I just like blue though…

J.P.

Go figure. I dislike the blue and try to avoid it.

I also dislike the various geegaws and “enhancements” many themes provide.

Yeah. I don’t need any of the Gee Whiz crap either. Just give me a clean and easy way to get to the information!

Like many things in life, color is mostly a matter of personal preference - I’ll stick with blue, thank you. :slight_smile:

J.P.

You’ll notice that the ability to choose themes has been enhanced now so when you click the list you can actually see what’s on the list!

wingsounds13 said

Like many things in life, color is mostly a matter of personal preference - I’ll stick with blue, thank you.

Blue is the most popular color, at least in the U.S.

Seven the most popular number.

Changing the theme did the trick! Much better. I know I had selected something other than the default at some point, but it magically changed back to the default … Ahhh, that’s progress!

In case it might be helpful to someone: The “brown-cream” theme displays a slightly larger font on the posts. It’s not a lot bigger, but it might be just enough to make a difference.

Although it’s not a priority issue to be addressed, it might be nice at some point in the future to have a theme available that displays posts with both larger font and greater contrast.

SF said Although it's not a priority issue to be addressed, it might be nice at some point in the future to have a theme available that displays posts with both larger font and greater contrast.
Yes, particularly with regard to the contrast. All the themes I've tried so far have grayish rather than black type, which is not terribly legible for me--having higher contrast would make the medium size type readable whereas I have to go with the largest size when it's so gray.

Also, when I mouse over buttons or posts, a message pops up telling what the button is for or showing the first line of the post. The box is medium-dark blue and the type is black, which is difficult to read. The type should be lighter if the background is to be dark.

Another font “feature”. If you choose the small font size in the top right corner, the whole page will be first rendered with the biggest font and then (after everything is loaded) completely rerendered with the chosen size. Terrible…

Another thing is that the fonts are loaded separately and from external resources.

@Alekz - Thanks for pointing out the font size selection in the top right corner. I hadn’t noticed it, and (other issues aside) I do appreciate having some such option available.

Interestingly, I’ve just noticed that selecting a larger-than-default font (by using those font size selection buttons) makes the page “pop” when it opens/loads. The page comes up in the default sized font, then jumps/pops to the font size selected.

SF said Interestingly, I've just noticed that selecting a larger-than-default font (by using those font size selection buttons) makes the page "pop" when it opens/loads. The page comes up in the default sized font, then jumps/pops to the font size selected.
This is exactly what I said

You can also try Ctrl-+ and Ctlr-- in your browser.

Thanks, @Alekz - I didn’t realize that ‘pop’ was what you were talking about. My apologies.
I’m quite familiar with Ctrl+ and Ctrl-… as well as Ctrl0. :slight_smile: I like keyboard shortcuts - a lot.

This is very readable for me and gives great contrast that relaxes my eyes. Dark gray background with white font:

bilde.PNG

The font size does not ever change for me Anymore. On my iPad or win 7 CPU. It is at whatever comes stock now.

Also can someone answer will we ever have pinch and zoom. If not just say we will not. The waiting and hoping is not cool.

Lastly I had a pm from someone. And after I viewed it the whole screen went nuts and now the whole pm box is empty gone completely erased . I really want to add my devices back for control , but with the forums like this I really do not want to . I can imagine the phone call from my with saying the tv stopped or in my office the amps coming on . Is there any idea when this will be resolved to a,point of being to return to a level of normal like before. I hate people who complain in general but this website forum puts me over the top.

Al

Al, see this thread http://www.psaudio.com/forum/new-forum-issues/bad-design/

One more thing about the fonts. Is it only me who sees the fonts “blurred”? See and compare the screenshots:

o- this forum (Al’s post)

o- AVSforum

avsforum-font-01.pngpsa-fonts-01.png

While used by PSA Google fonts may look “funkier” and “more individual”, they are less readable and (again and again) slow the site and the rendering down.

Just to let some people know the font size at the top does not work. also no pinch and zoom on ipad or iphone.

alrainbow said Just to let some people know the font size at the top does not work.
It works for me

I am trying as I post this now. iPad and iPhone nothing not pinch or the font select at the top. I do not want to just complain as I hate people that just do this. I really do try to help,people and it does make it harder for me without the feature. And my writing stinks as it is so a little help . But it a fine it does work for a moment on my iphone and them goes right back and locks .

al